What's new

Turn off e-mail notifications for one account?

enlightened

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have Gmail set up as an Exchange account and my regular work Exchange account on my phone. I'd like to get notifications of new work e-mail but not gmail. Is there a way to selectively choose which accounts notify of new messages?

Thanks in advance.

enlightened said:
Hi everyone,

I have Gmail set up as an Exchange account and my regular work Exchange account on my phone. I'd like to get notifications of new work e-mail but not gmail. Is there a way to selectively choose which accounts notify of new messages?

Thanks in advance.

Yes....Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>the Gmail account you wish to not receive notifications for> toggle mail off.

The account is still there....ya just won't receive emails unless that toggle is on.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I want to receive notifications that messages come in to gmail, just not audible ones.

enlightened said:
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I want to receive notifications that messages come in to gmail, just not audible ones.

So you want the email to come in, you just don't want an alert sound?

Most of the notification settings are in Settings> Notifucations>mail.

There you can turn off sounds, badges, view in lock screen, or to not view in Notification Center.

Notification Center isn't flexible enough. Someone on another forum suggested MailEnhancer- it's perfect for my needs! Totally worth checking out. You can see all the functions in a trial installation before purchasing too.

See here for details: Mail Enhancer - Mobile Mail made awesome.

enlightened said:
Notification Center isn't flexible enough. Someone on another forum suggested MailEnhancer- it's perfect for my needs! Totally worth checking out. You can see all the functions in a trial installation before purchasing too.

See here for details: Mail Enhancer - Mobile Mail made awesome.

Have you tried IntelliScreenX? It's not exactly made for mail specifically, but basically the one thing that made me have to buy was the fact that when I get an email, it will show in Notification center, and I can read the entire email (apart from images of coarse). Not our can I read the entire email, I can "mark read" & "delete" them, as well as open the mail app to whatever message I was reading at the time.

So it pretty quick and convenient for cleaning up your email as it comes in.

Plus I use a package called "DeleteMail" so if I get just too much junk mail in a row, I just open
Mail, and tap delete all. It just deleted all visible mail not pulled from the server yet.

Not that ya shouldn't go with MailEnhancer....it's a great tweak too...just letting ya know about an additional tweak that allows easy management of incoming email. ;)

how about can you change notification sounds for different mail accounts. i would like to do that so i know what acct im getting mail in on. also how about different settings for frequency between different accts. i have a work email that i would like more frequent notifications and another mail acct that i would like less of