What's new

Tranfer files from iPhone to iPad 3

susja

Reaction score
Hello
I am planning my vacation and would like to have a few movies on my iPad with me. The free space on my iPad is only 8 gab which is not enough for many movies. I don't have a problem to transfer movie files between PC and iPad but I won't have PC there.
I will have Internet connection there but I don't think that Dropbox is the option for because I assume that slow connection won't allow transfer big files.
Any suggestions ?

Well no one has any suggestion? :)

firemantom26 said:
I thinks the app Bump will do that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iPF.net

Thanks for suggestion But it looks that Bump app will allow to transfer only pictures and contacts but I need video file transfer

If the files are large, it's recommended that you root your device and transfer it that way through USB to make sure that nothing gets lost on the way over from one device to another and that the process doesn't take all day to do. My recommendation would be iExplorer, but iFunBox works as well. They're both similar concepts but a lot of users tend to lean towards iFunBox. What these two applications basically do is that it roots your device allowing you transfer data to and from your device from specific directories and manipulate them and such. It's like rooting an Android. In your case, just copy over the files from your iPhone, then plug your iPad in and transfer them back. Since you're transferring via USB, the process won't take as long as it would seem compared to doing it via WiFi.

- willerz2
I do appreciate your response. It's very nice to know about those 2 application. The only implication in my case is that I'm planning to do it when I'll be on vacation in resort. I know that they do have WiFi connection but I won't have access to PC. Hence my goal is to transfer video file from my iPhone 5 (which I'll download at home) and then transfer it to iPad. Then on iPad I'm going to watch that movie. It's because I don't have much space on my iPad and want to use iPhone as a storage. Also I'm considering to convert all those files to mp4 format ... otherwise I won't be able to watch it on iPad.
I'm a little bit confused about USB you mentioned in your post. What did you mean? We don't have the option to transfer anything using USB to/from iPhone or iPad. That's why I was looking for app like iFunBox.
Could you explain that and do you think iFunBox will serve my need?
Thanks in advance

If you have the movies on Dropbox, won't they play directly from Dropbox (in the Dropbox app)? You won't have to download the movie, you can stream right within the Dropbox app. So, you can have all the movies you want loaded up on Dropbox, then use the WiFi to view them.

Marilyn

Well ... I do have Dropbox ... but first it has only 2 Gb space ( which in not enough for movies) and most important is transfer that file from Dropbox server to my iPad will take me the whole day. That's why I'm looking for the workaround to transfer that file from iPhone to iPad. Not sure if it'll be fast enough but at least it'll inside the local network and not going outside to Dropbox.
Your suggestion is good in case I'd have big space on Dropbox and I don't have WiFi connection in my room. Hence I have to use public place to do transfer and then watch it in isolated environment.

Well ... I failed to find any app for transfer video file from phone to iPad but finally I bought Photo Transfer App. It claims to transfer pictures and video files between these two devices. The current problem is that it'll recognize only .mov format for transfer. I converted my video file to .mov but next requirement is that file should be located on the phone in camera roll or album location. That's default location where pictures and video go when you take it. The problem is that I don't know how to put .mov file from my PC to that location.
Could someone help please?
Thanks

Have you considered Airplay?

No need to transfer just play it from iPhone and view in your iPad.

It may be costly just for your vacation but you can use it at your home or office to share content among your family members or friends.

rcshaw777 said:
Have you considered Airplay?

No need to transfer just play it from iPhone and view in your iPad.

It may be costly just for your vacation but you can use it at your home or office to share content among your family members or friends.

- rcshaw777
Well .... that sounds like a great idea. I read description of this app and it's not clear if it'll stream video not purchased in iTunes. Do you know if it'll play my own video that I have stored on PC and not bought from iTunes?
But it looks anyway it won't work for me because I don't have WiFi in the room. I do have it only in a public place hence I should be able to transfer it from phone to iPad and then play isolated.

If you are getting Apple TV, perhaps you can invest a simple Wireless router like TP Powerline Adapter model

300Mbps AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender
TL-WPA281

It is portable. You can connect AppleTV with this Powerline Adapter through Ethernet Lan network cable.

If the hotel or accomodation is equipped with LCD/ LED TV you can connect the HDMI into Apple TV. So you can either watch your movie on your iPad or TV through your iPhone.

You save the trouble to transfer movie to your iPad and clearing memory to make more space.

The trouble of replying on public wifi service is sometime the line may be slow or may be disrupted by disconnection. If you already invested in Apple TV ; you just need to spend a little more on the wireless Powerline extender (portable) as your wireless router.

Finally found nice application PlayerXTream which supports all video formats and allow to communicate between iPhone and iPad. Photo Tranfer is also OK but it doesn't work with all formats.
Downloaded it on my iPad. Next day wanted to download it to iPhone but can't. It states it's not anymore in AppStore and redirect me to India store. But that store doesn't has it either.
Not sure what should I do. Likely have to wait or etc