What's new

To hide an application

kazetnik

Reaction score
I saw several apps where you can hide content as photos, files, videos etc. But is it possible to hide in some way the app itself? and of course recover it in some way only you know.

Thank you

If you're iOS is stock... no. If you're Jailbroke... then "Poof" works great at hiding an application.

I don't understand why you'd have an app on your phone that you want hidden. If you don't want people getting into your phone you can put a passcode on it. Also, the new iOS4 software will enable you to put apps into folders, thus making them kind of invisible. but once you tap on the folder you can see all of the apps that are in the folder. Technically, if you want a open background to your phone you can take all of your apps and put them into one folder. That is the best you can do. I hope this helps you :)
Here's a link to what the new software will look like.
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/ios4-soft…

kazetnik said:
I saw several apps where you can hide content as photos, files, videos etc. But is it possible to hide in some way the app itself? and of course recover it in some way only you know.

Thank you

If you are jailbroken you can hide icons from SBSettings-more-hide icons.

You can still find the apps if you type their name in search

jacob11 said:
I don't understand why you'd have an app on your phone that you want hidden. If you don't want people getting into your phone you can put a passcode on it. Also, the new iOS4 software will enable you to put apps into folders, thus making them kind of invisible. but once you tap on the folder you can see all of the apps that are in the folder. Technically, if you want a open background to your phone you can take all of your apps and put them into one folder. That is the best you can do. I hope this helps you :)
Here's a link to what the new software will look like.
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/ios4-soft…

The new ios 4? You mean 5.
And its besides the point as to why he wants it. Some people want to show stuff to friends and family but keep some stuff hidden. I hid my toddler's game icons so he doesnt bother my phone

I agree with one of the users above.
Poof does work well.

Unfortunately jailbreak for iphone 4s still doesn't exist....