What's new

Time stamps on text messages?

tessjordan

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to see the time stamp on each text. Not necessarily on screen every time, but at least as a "more" option. Sometimes I need to know what time a text came in but once I've responded, I lose the time stamp.

On iOS 7, if you swipe from right to left and hold, the timestamp will show up on the right side.

On iOS 7, if you swipe from right to left and hold, the timestamp will show up on the right side.

I knew you could see the time on the most recent... That doesn't help me see the time on PREVIOUS texts after I've replied. It just shows what time the most recent text was. Sometimes I need to back up to earlier in the messages to see what time a certain one came through.

Thanks

I knew you could see the time on the most recent... That doesn't help me see the time on PREVIOUS texts after I've replied. It just shows what time the most recent text was. Sometimes I need to back up to earlier in the messages to see what time a certain one came through.

Thanks

You can see the time for every text on the phone (in iOS 7). Just press and hold the text box, then pull your finger to the left. I've just done it on a message with a friend from October 5th - my first text that day was at 8:12 am.

Marilyn