What's new

This is for Skull One

I think the trade in deal is for the rest of the month. Google VZW trade-in.

lol i think i read ur post wrong. im assuming after the 325 credit u paid 400. for a second i thought they gave u 325 for ur device and they were selling the 5s for u for 400, which made it a 75 upgrade. xD silly me

The phones features and performance sound really really attractive. But how does one reconcile with the ugly icons and the difficult to read text?

A good wallpaper and folder usage goes a long way, as well, to making it more aesthetically acceptable. But I'm already used to the look... the added features in 7 make it well worthwhile IMHO.

lol i think i read ur post wrong. im assuming after the 325 credit u paid 400. for a second i thought they gave u 325 for ur device and they were selling the 5s for u for 400, which made it a 75 upgrade. xD silly me

That's exactly what happened. 5S only cost me $75 plus tax after trade in.

The icons are just going to be ugly. BUT...

The text is actually fixable, to a point. I just switched over to this setting change 2 hours ago to try it out. Actually makes a big difference.

Settings > General > Accessibility.

Turn "Increase Contrast" to On.
Turn "Bold Text" to On.

Tell it ok to reboot. And then see what you think.
When I turn the "Increase Contrast" to "on" , I experience the control centre and notifications down/up swipe, are no longer transparent. Am I wrong? The bold text doesn't make any difference.

When I turn the "Increase Contrast" to "on" , I experience the control centre and notifications down/up swipe, are no longer transparent. Am I wrong? The bold text doesn't make any difference.

That is correct about contrast. Bold text will need another adjustment that I need to lookup once I am near a PC.

When I turn the "Increase Contrast" to "on" , I experience the control centre and notifications down/up swipe, are no longer transparent. Am I wrong?

That is the intent of Increase Contrast. That is the same thing that happens on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 with iOS 7.

I turned the bold text on mine right away as well. I like it this way a lot better. I did not touch the contrast. Overall I'm loving this phone and the touch ID is heaven for Me since our company required an 8 digit passcode if you have their email on it.

Yea i have a 32 gig. Appraised at 325. Still dont get how u got the 5s for 400 -325= 75 total for the swap?

Via iPhone 5 tapatalk

iPhone 5S 64GB under a 2 year contract is $399 at Verizon.

Ok make sure bold text is on and also set the following.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Large Type. Set to On.

Then go to

Settings > General > Text Size. Set this larger.

Wife and I played with the last night on our 5S and it made a huge difference in all the Apps that use the new Dynamic Type engine.