What's new

Texting issue

pinkhalo

Reaction score
Have had my iPhone 4s since October. I am having a problem when I text others with an iPhone my email address shows instead o my phone number. How do I fix this

I'll take an educated guess. You're bubble is blue when you send to those people. If so, then you need to go into Settings, Messages, Receive At, Caller ID and then check off your phone number instead of your email address.

Hope that is it.

Go to settings-mesages-receive at-caller id-change the default to your phone number rather than you email address....

I'll take an educated guess. You're bubble is blue when you send to those people. If so, then you need to go into Settings, Messages, Receive At, Caller ID and then check off your phone number instead of your email address.

Hope that is it.

I think we posted at the exact same time....lol

Thank you both. We found the setting on the 4 but I cannot find it in my 4s. Any other idea's

pinkhalo said:
Thank you both. We found the setting on the 4 but I cannot find it in my 4s. Any other idea's

Its definately on the 4s as i have it.

-Sent from my iPhone 4s on Verizon

I used my 4S to find the setting. iOS 5 for settings is identical across all phones save for certain hardware specific changes.

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited:
Ryanfridayyy said:
Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Why did they mod this? What did i say?

I removed it because the attachments contained personal information.

Why did they mod this? What did i say?

Definitely I will like to invite you to read our rules for multiple reason. Your post was edited base on our rules!

Keep this one in mind as well...

10. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators or administrators. However, such disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired publicly in the forum. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

iFrog said:
Definitely I will like to invite you to read our rules for multiple reason. Your post was edited base on our rules!

Keep this one in mind as well...

I wasnt trying to dis a mod. Just what did i say to get it edited. Geez!

Last edited:
Im sorry for my rudeness. We cool?