Tethering app + Questions

gotmilk0112

New Member
So after the app "Tether" (by Whirlpool Software) mysteriously disappeared, I was wondering which other tethering app works the best? Preferably a low-cost one.

Though I've also heard of people saying that tethering can be "detected" by your carrier, and that you can be charged or get in other trouble if they catch you tethering. Is this true? The iPhone I have right now is on my parents' data plan, so I don't want to get them in trouble or anything.

I wouldn't really tether very often, I'd really only use it in emergency situations, such as power loss or internet outage. Which aren't very often. And I'd probably mostly tether to my iPad as well.
 
Last edited:
gotmilk0112 said:
Are you sure it can't be detected? The description warns about being detected.

TetherMe has a much, much better track record against MyWi in being undetectable. While there aren't any cold hard statistics to prove this... we see a substantial # of users talk about receiving notification from their carriers while using MyWi. While it's an absolute rarity to here of any notifications while using TetherMe.

Just remember... NOTHING is 100% full proof. That goes for any aspect of life.
 
TetherMe fudges the tether data transfer amounts as best as possible, whereas MyWi would fudge "as much as they can" within their control. TetherMe is 5$ whereas MyWi is 20$ and MyWiOnDemand is 25$. Just give TetherMe a try ***EDITED FOR PIRACY*** then buy it. Definitely worth the 5$ if you're running an unlimited plan like AT&T, Sprint or Verizon Prepaid

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top