What's new

Swiftkey

kmf1

Reaction score
Are there any of you using Swiftkey and have you given the app Full access? I'm only considering this app as I'm just coming from a lifetime of Android and spoiled with a dedicated numbers row, soft keys, and "periods and commas."

I’ve used Swiftkey and Gboard previously and they were just not as good experience as my Android side …it’s been awhile though…Also the extra stuff while using the stock keyboard is missed …

Thanks, Bk. Really interesting that the stock iPhone keyboard doesn’t have a full time number row. I read that Apple doesn’t consider the comma and period essential on the main keyboard either. Heading too strong into voice dictation, I guess.

I've been using SwiftKey since it first came out on iOS 8. I love it. It has some great features the default keyboard does not have. I'm typing on it right now. I'm also on the beta version. I really like making custom keyboards. I have the default keyboard deleted.

I've been using SwiftKey since it first came out on iOS 8. I love it. It has some great features the default keyboard does not have. I'm typing on it right now. I'm also on the beta version. I really like making custom keyboards. I have the default keyboard deleted.

When entering passwords and credit card info, the default keyboard still appears as a security measure to prevent a third party keyboard from accessing such sensitive information.

Does the SwiftKey keyboard feature a dedicated numbers row?

Thanks, Bk. Really interesting that the stock iPhone keyboard doesn’t have a full time number row. I read that Apple doesn’t consider the comma and period essential on the main keyboard either. Heading too strong into voice dictation, I guess.

That’s because the keyboard would take up too much space on the screen if you added too many features.

@scifan57…I am coming from being a user of Motorola, as far back as the original Razr, through the Google Pixel 2, 4, 6, and 7 series. I can assure you that there’s plenty of room for a dedicated “numbers” row in the phone’s keyboard, as I’ve had and used it for a number of years. It’s a feature that the iPhone should have.