What's new

Stuck power button on iphone 4

iZIGGA

Reaction score
My power button is physically stuck on my iPhone 4. Is there a way I can fix this without having to replace the button?

This happened to my iPhone 4 too. Over a period of a few days it got worse and worse until it stopped working at all. Only suggestion of help I have had suggested to me is to try blast any trapped dirt/dust that may be preventing the button working properly with a tin of compressed air. I never tried this myself I think the best bet would be to try and get the button replaced.

It depends on how it got stuck, if it's like sugar sticking or whatever. You can take it apart and see what the problem is if you have a pentalobe driver

I am attempting it myself. I was able to open the iphone up but on the power button, where is the hinge supposed to sit in the space? Does it sit against the top or sit back towards the bottom?

I am attempting it myself. I was able to open the iphone up but on the power button, where is the hinge supposed to sit in the space? Does it sit against the top or sit back towards the bottom?

You will find tons of tutorial videos on YouTube it's the way I double check anything I'm unsure about.

chantelle310 said:
You will find tons of tutorial videos on YouTube it's the way I double check anything I'm unsure about.

+1
youtube is as best as it gets when it comes to self repairing stuff....

Ive looked on youtube but it didnt clarify for me i was hoping someone on here with experience would be able to tell me