What's new

Strange language settings shown under payments

kmtech

Reaction score
Hi
I’m wondering if my account has been hacked. I was just looking through my phone:
Settings- Apple ID- payment and shipping.

This is the tab that stores credit card information. The writing is in a foreign language which sometimes looks look like Chinese or Spanish. How can I set this to English?

Is your billing address and shipping address in a country that uses English?
If you're worried about unauthorized access to your account, change your password and tell no one what the new one is.

Well with all due respect, your reply is neither helpful or informative- why even bother?

Why do you think this is not helpful?
If your shipping address (visible in Settings - Apple ID - Payment & Shipping) is not in a country that uses English, the information/language may change to the country you’re using there.

Usually, you set your region in Settings - General - Language & Region. This will have an impact not only on your payment information, though, but the whole device.

If you think that your Apple ID has been hacked, this will help:
If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Why do you think this is not helpful?
If your shipping address (visible in Settings - Apple ID - Payment & Shipping) is not in a country that uses English, the information/language may change to the country you’re using there.

Usually, you set your region in Settings - General - Language & Region. This will have an impact not only on your payment information, though, but the whole device.

If you think that your Apple ID has been hacked, this will help:
If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Hi, how do I change the AppStore language to a different language than my own country’s? Just the interface language, I mean, not the AppStore region.

I tried and changed the device language and region in Settings > General > Language & Region. Everything else is in the new language now but those settings do not seem to affect the AppStore interface.

It’s an iPhone7 Plus, latest iOS version.
Thanks!

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Setting your iPhone Language in Settings - General - Language & Region is also supposed to take effect in the App Store.
My region is set to Austria, e.g., my iPhone language is English. My App Store shows apps and information in English.
7F0965D3-EA68-4602-947F-EB46142FF764.jpeg

E570762D-FCB4-48DA-BD93-77B448AF3AAD.png

Did you set up a second language?

Thanks!
Here is what I see.
My store is in Italy and I don’t want to change that. I would like to change the AppStore interface language though to German like it is in the device.

I added English too, as a second language, and Region is set to USA.
Maybe my phone is just confused :D

61413876-8C22-4431-B2B4-64C53BC9580E.jpeg
F95246DF-90DE-49BE-9999-7562D39A2ABB.jpeg
44DC3CC6-E4F7-4399-B6A5-A2BF16136526.jpeg

Thanks!
Here is what I see.
My store is in Italy and I don’t want to change that. I would like to change the AppStore interface language though to German like it is in the device.

I added English too, as a second language, and Region is set to USA.
Maybe my phone is just confused :D

Update: after switching the device language to English, the AppStore was in English too. But when I change the device language to German, AppStore goes Italian!

Update: after switching the device language to English, the AppStore was in English too. But when I change the device language to German, AppStore goes Italian!
I see.
Try removing English, and set the iPhone‘s language to German again.

I see.
Try removing English, and set the iPhone‘s language to German again.

Still no joy.

I also tried Deutsch (Deutschland), as opposed to generic Deutsch, in case that makes a difference.

When I started the AppStore, at first I got this message, but when I tried again it turned to Italian.

11C34550-F8F4-49E0-AE9B-0B95C8B75D3E.jpeg

That‘s interesting.

I‘ve tried changing my iPhone language to Italian. It works everywhere except for the App Store. That app turned to German, the region set up in my settings, and where my Apple ID is set up.

It looks like the iDevice’s language can be changed to English without problems.
It reverts to the language of the Apple ID region you‘ve set up, as soon as you add other languages.

That‘s possible.
If you‘d like Apple to know about it, send them feedback:
Feedback - iPhone - Apple
It’s quite likely you won‘t receive a reply, but this will make sure they know about it.

Hi again J.A. and all.
One year ago I reported the bug, but it looks like it hasn’t been fixed.
Currently I have a new iPhone (SE 2nd generation, with iOS 15 running on it) but I am noticing the same kind of issues as those I described with my old iPhone 7 Plus and iOS 14.
I have now Spanish as device language (see screenshot), but the AppStore interface shows in Italian, although it is only the third language in the list of “Idiomas preferidos” (preferred languages).
Store country and Region settings are set to Italy.

IMG_4393.jpg

Last edited: