What's new

Straight Talk For iPhone Guide - Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data - $45 a Month!

ETHO said:
but do I have to jailbreak in order to switch to straight talk on my iPhone 4 (at&t) I have no clue how to jailbreak I never get it right or mis-understand what to do

You don't have to jailbreak.

However to get MMS (picture/video messages) you have 2 choices.

1) jailbreak. (very easy with the new 5.1.1 jailbreak. Just pug in phone, click "Jailbreak" and wait for it say it's done. Literally. Click a button and wait for the success message) and install TetherMe. TetherMe not only activates the native tethering option in the Settings.app but it allow you to edit the APN settings. Find the Straight Talk APN settings on the net, and enter them in the Settings app.

2) Use iBackupBot and edit certain strings do code in a backup file and restore to that backup.

I personally think its a much better option to just jailbreak and install TetherMe.

1) Update to 5.1.1, (best to restore and setup as new device and my from backup)

2) download Absinthe from greenppis0n.com(save to desktop)

3) Open Absinthe wait for the files to be extracted.

4) Open the Absinthe folder that was extracted to your desktop

5) Click on "Absinthe.exe"

6) plug in iPhone

7) click "jailbreak"

8) wait for the success message from within Absinthe and your done.

It just watch a YouTube video.lol way easier.

You don't have to jailbreak.

However to get MMS (picture/video messages) you have 2 choices.

1) jailbreak. (very easy with the new 5.1.1 jailbreak. Just pug in phone, click "Jailbreak" and wait for it say it's done. Literally. Click a button and wait for the success message) and install TetherMe. TetherMe not only activates the native tethering option in the Settings.app but it allow you to edit the APN settings. Find the Straight Talk APN settings on the net, and enter them in the Settings app.

2) Use iBackupBot and edit certain strings do code in a backup file and restore to that backup.

I personally think its a much better option to just jailbreak and install TetherMe.

1) Update to 5.1.1, (best to restore and setup as new device and my from backup)

2) download Absinthe from greenppis0n.com(save to desktop)

3) Open Absinthe wait for the files to be extracted.

4) Open the Absinthe folder that was extracted to your desktop

5) Click on "Absinthe.exe"

6) plug in iPhone

7) click "jailbreak"

8) wait for the success message from within Absinthe and your done.

It just watch a YouTube video.lol
way easier.
I don't want to jailbreak can I get iBackupBot by googling it...

ETHO said:
I don't want to jailbreak can I get iBackupBot by googling it...

Of coarse.

Perhaps check out this video calls 100 Teasons to Jailbreak:
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=fZoqW-GEdQM

Just shows a small number things that can be done with a jailbroken iPhone. But not for everyone I suppose.

iBackupBot will work just as well as TetherMe....but with TetherMe you can remove and add the APN settings should you have any problems...

And you can alway access the files system rite from the phone and add the same changes that you would with iBackupBot...except rite on your phone...without having to restore to a backup. All that would be needed to reboot the phone after modifying the file.

zig9449 said:
Of coarse.

Perhaps check out this video calls 100 Teasons to Jailbreak:
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=fZoqW-GEdQM

Just shows a small number things that can be done with a jailbroken iPhone. But not for everyone I suppose.

iBackupBot will work just as well as TetherMe....but with TetherMe you can remove and add the APN settings should you have any problems...

And you can alway access the files system rite from the phone and add the same changes that you would with iBackupBot...except rite on your phone...without having to restore to a backup. All that would be needed to reboot the phone after modifying the file.

ok I cracked my front screen n have the apple protection plane so I'm going to take it in and they going to give me a new one it'll be on 5.0 or 5.1 can I still go straight talk because I won't be able to with tmobile thru my gevey sim card

ok I cracked my front screen n have the apple protection plane so I'm going to take it in and they going to give me a new one it'll be on 5.0 or 5.1 can I still go straight talk because I won't be able to with tmobile thru my gevey sim card

Straight Talk works with any iOS and iOS 5.0-5.1 are jailbreakable.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Mischief said:

5.0.1 and 5.1.1 are jailbreakble untethered.

5.1 is not jailbreakble at all on A5 devices.

5.1 is only a tethered(semi-tethered) jailbreak that is not the most stable tethered jailbreak I've ever had. In iPhone 4 and lower.

Mr.Mischief said:

do I need to use the Gevey sim card

ETHO said:
do I need to use the Gevey sim card

Using Straight Talk does not require an unlock. Therefore, it does not require Gevey. All it requires is that you have the rite model iPhone(Carrier wise), and a ST SIM card.

Buy a Straight Talk SIM, activate it, put in your GSM iPhone, and it works instantly. Calls and text do. You have to visit a website and download and install a profile to get data working.

Have to edit APN settings to get MMS(picture/video messaging) working. Easiest way to make APN settings editable is to install TetherMe from Cydia.

The iPhone MUST be a GSM iPhone. Therefore it cannot be done with a Verizon or Sprint iPhone 4/4S.

it's an extremely easy process to get $45 unlimited everything.

zig9449 said:
Using Straight Talk does not require an unlock. Therefore, it does not require Gevey. All it requires is that you have the rite model iPhone(Carrier wise), and a ST SIM card.

Buy a Straight Talk SIM, activate it, put in your GSM iPhone, and it works instantly. Calls and text do. You have to visit a website and download and install a profile to get data working.

Have to edit APN settings to get MMS(picture/video messaging) working. Easiest way to make APN settings editable is to install TetherMe from Cydia.

The iPhone MUST be a GSM iPhone. Therefore it cannot be done with a Verizon or Sprint iPhone 4/4S.

it's an extremely easy process to get $45 unlimited everything.

ok I'll get to you in about 2 wks when this tmobile 30 days are up & I take this phn to apple for a new 1, I'll need help on jailbreaking I haven't got that right when I tried it before

Do you have any advice on what options I have being I have service with Verizon however my little one has his with AT&T so his Lucky Lol Thank You

LaClassique said:
Do you have any advice on what options I have being I have service with Verizon however my little one has his with AT&T so his Lucky Lol Thank You

A CDMA iPhone cannot be unlocked.
I believe you can flash it to another CDMA carrier like Sprint.....but who would rather go with Sprint then Verizon?lol

I made the switch from at&t to straight talk and I love it. My 3GS with unlimited everything is pretty nice to have around. Building up to buy a 4s.

Sent from Marz using talkatap

I've got a 3GS from the UK. It was on the Orange network, which I'm told is T-Mobile here in the US. To switch to Straight Talk, I'd need the T-Mobile sim card for it, right? If so, do I still use the same ATT MNVO profile to get data working? It would still use the same towers as the ATT Straight Talk sim, right? Either way, Straight Talk uses the same towers, but ATT phones need the ATT sim and T-Mobile phones need the T-Mobile sim, with the same results. Right? And Orange is T-Mobile?

I hope this works. :)

Jesse_Dylan said:
I've got a 3GS from the UK. It was on the Orange network, which I'm told is T-Mobile here in the US. To switch to Straight Talk, I'd need the T-Mobile sim card for it, right? If so, do I still use the same ATT MNVO profile to get data working? It would still use the same towers as the ATT Straight Talk sim, right? Either way, Straight Talk uses the same towers, but ATT phones need the ATT sim and T-Mobile phones need the T-Mobile sim, with the same results. Right? And Orange is T-Mobile?

I hope this works. :)

You would news a Straight Talk SIM card. Why get a T-Mobile SIM when you are trying to run on ST?

Plus ...I thought ST was US only?

The data configurations would be the same tho.