What's new

Stollen iphone....do i miss something?

ROMEO

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have to confess that coming on this forum is by ANGERRRR.
My iphone was stollen 2 days ago. Well done for me....I should have kept it in my pocket instead of leaving it on my desk about...30 cm away from me!!!!

But here is the thing: I block my SIM, go to ORANGE ( my provider) give them my IMEI number and they smile..."there is nothing we can do, the telephone can be used by anybody and there is nothing we can do about it!".
I DO NOT understand: We pay a great amount of money to buy this phone (it is our choice, I agree), Then, we need to register and create an "account "on itunes in order to make it work, they ask a lot of information during this procedure and at the end we are indentified and this everytime we plug our phone on the computer.
Now, this nice person who stole my phone, what is he going to do with it? Sell it or keep it but in the 2 cases he will have to restart the same procedure as all of us: register.
How is it possible that apple has no possibility to block the phone at this point?????
Why there is no official "bank of stollen iphones" create by Apple and as soon as somebody tries to use a stollen phone to block it for good???
How is it possible that they are not able to find the location of an iphone (even if no special application has been installed)????

I really believe that apple considers that we are idiots!!! At least this is the way I feel.

There is a person out there, who got my phone and who has got a lot of information on me. E-mails,access on my i tune account ( I tried to change my code and it doesn't work!) and maybe other stuff that I can not even think right now.... Nobody was able to tell me if there are things that I should do to "protect" myself after they stole my phone.

So, I can not help thinking: THANK YOU APPLE, THANK YOU FOR BEING CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR CLIENTS!!!

Do I miss something?

was it your carrier or apple tha said they cant/wont block it, thats sounds like a bad sales rep, you should call apple support and see if they will block it, ive heard of IEMI numbers being blocked so its possible

You now find my iphone is now free for the iphone 4.... i always have that installed and even though i have not needed it until now, i hope i never will..

but you can remotely wipe it or lock it and find its location with google maps.. what did your carrier or apple say? they cant do anything i bet