What's new

Speck Candyshell Case for iPhone 4S

jacofman

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got the new iPhone 4S from Verizon. In searching for a case, I couldn't find one at the Apple Store or the Verizon Store. So, I went to the ATT store. There, I bought last year's model of the Speck Candyshell case for the iPhone 4 from ATT. I noticed that on Speck's website that the newest case "for the iPhone 4S" looks a bit different cosmetically. My question is: Does anybody know if the new case fits the newest iPhone 4s better than the old Candyshell case, or do they fit the same? Are the buttons and the toggle switches and the docking station in a different alignment on the new iPhone 4s compared to last year's model iPhone 4 from ATT? Hope someone can help me out. Thanks for your help in advance.

J.

Can I ask why it doesn't fit? Did you try it and exactly "what" didn't fit? Is the layout of the new iPhone 4S different from the ATT iPhone 4? What's different about the two models? I'd really like to know. Thanks for your help in advance.

J

Thanks for your help. I did buy the original case for the iPhone 4 from an ATT store. It actually "seems" to fit fine. The mute switch is fully accessible, all the other buttons are seemingly perfectly aligned, and the docking connecter is fully accessible (given the extra thickness from the case). I was concerned that the camera opening might be different in the two cases and that I would be shortchanging my ability to use the wonderful new camera to its fullest. Apparently, the camera cutouts are the same size.......yes? I'm still going to take you advice and return the ATT case and wait for the newest Candyshell case for the iPhone 4S to come back in stock and order it from them. Thanks again for your help.