What's new

Speaker Buzz Problem (Its Not the Speaker)

Ageispolis

Reaction score
Very annoying--My loud speaker does not work well. It plays music but sounds very raspy. Any ringtone/texttone sounds equally horrible. I've replaced the enclosure (first with a ebay Chinese part that killed my reception) and the ribbon connected to it. Any suggestions on what I can do about it?

Well first of all, try with an OEM speaker part.

If you haven't already.

Good luck.

I only mentioned the China part because I hated my experience with it, and urge everyone not to buy. But yes, I've used several OEM speakers that have the same effect iphone, but then work fine once I put them on another's iphone. So my speaker enclosure is not the issue. What else could it be? How else can I troubleshoot this frustrating issue?

Are you using a lightning cable for power while you do this? I notice when it's plugged into the usb port on a computer it's terrible with static and noise. But when I plug it into a usb power adapter and plug it into the wall (or no pwer at all) the static goes away. Just a thought...

Headphones work fine, regular speaker works fine, just the loudspeaker buzzes. Has nothing to do with it being plugged in. I can upload a video if necessary.

Hmm I'm sorry I have no idea what it could be.

Usually when I am detecting for faults on my phone i take out my logic board and try it on my spare iphone.
If you do have a spare phone or a nice friend willing to lend you one, try doing the same.

Then see if the speakers work, if they still don't work as they should the problem lays in your logic board somewhere.
Maybe some chip that is damaged or the connector from the logic board to the speakers are broken

Try it out!