What's new

Sounds have disappeared......

dlwhtrose

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere, I did search but could not find a solution.

Somehow today I have either turned off my sounds or they have stopped working. I have checked all my settings and everything says they should be there but yet when I receive a call or text all I get is the vibrate.

Is there some sort of sensor that turns sounds off if it "thinks" its in a pocket or something like that cuz I just got an Otter Box for it and i have to say that thinking back on it since I put my iPhone in the Otter box I have not heard a sound since. And yes volume is turned all the way up.

I am not JB and I have a 4s with 5.1

Any ideas are appreciated.

Never mind I figured I out. My otter box toggled the silent switch on. Sorry for the post feel kind of stupid

Tappin through the universe

Im having same problem. I was at work and my friends have tjis iPod/iPhone speaker radio. Where I plugged in my iPhone and through the bottom of phone I could do two things. One was to charge iPhone. The other was to play music from the phone on this thing really really loud through this radio box things speakers. But then when I disconnected my phone I could not hear volume. So here is what I can hear and can not. If someone calls or texts me I can not hear anything. Instead phone just vibrate. If I answer the call I can hear the person speaking but only if I don't have speaker turned on. If I am typing I used to be able to hear click click click click sound effects for each key but not anymore. If I play a YouTube video or music file of any kind I can't hear anything unless headphones are plugged in. What do I do?

I had the same problem. Get dry air (aerosol) and blow out the headphone jack socket, that worked for me. I would say blow hard into the headphone jack but you could be introducing moisture.