What's new

SONICable Lightning Cable Claims to Charge iOS Devices at Twice the Speed

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
sonicable-2-1024x576.png
As an iPhone 6 Plus owner, I'm happy that I have the option of using my iPad's wall adapter to charge my phone at nearly double the speed. Unfortunately other iPhones don't have the same ability, but it looks like a new Lightning cable may be able to change that.

SONICable is claiming to be the world's most advanced Lightning cable for iOS users. The company claims that the on/off switch, which disables syncing, is the trick to a faster charge. SONICable says that when the switch is set to "on", all of the energy is focused on charging the iOS device, stating that the trick allows for a fully charged device in half the time as a normal Apple charger.

Whether the claims are true or not, the cable itself has a few other perks Apple chargers do not. SONICable has a "tangle free" braided design, adding durability, along with a lifetime warranty, contrary to Apple's one-year warranty. Finally, the cable also sports a reversible USB, making it easier to plug into an outlet.

SONICable is currently available on Indiegogo for $27 in grey, black, pink, gold, blue specks, or blue. The campaign easily blew past its initial $10,000 funding goal, currently sitting at $190,000.