What's new

Songs purchased on iTunes won't play on iPhone 4s

lloydy01

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a new member hoping to get some helpful advice with my crappy iPhone. The forum appears to have a wide variety of helpful hints, tips and advice but after searching for several minutes I couldn't find a thread that related to my issue. I'm sure there is one here some where because it seems I'm not alone with this problem: most songs purchased on iTunes will not play on my iPhone but will play in any of my iTunes playlists perfectly well, I have deleted playlists and attempted to recreate playlists on iTunes which again won't show up on the iPhone unless created on the iPhone. Both my iPhone and iTunes appear to be up to date. Please help

lloydy01 said:
Hi all, I'm a new member hoping to get some helpful advice with my crappy iPhone. The forum appears to have a wide variety of helpful hints, tips and advice but after searching for several minutes I couldn't find a thread that related to my issue. I'm sure there is one here some where because it seems I'm not alone with this problem: most songs purchased on iTunes will not play on my iPhone but will play in any of my iTunes playlists perfectly well, I have deleted playlists and attempted to recreate playlists on iTunes which again won't show up on the iPhone unless created on the iPhone. Both my iPhone and iTunes appear to be up to date. Please help

I have never heard of this problem before.

Try this:

Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Settings.

This will not erase anything. None of your data will be lost not deleted.

You will have to reconfigure your preferences tho.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I want to go down that route!! Got my songs to play now on my iPhone, just went to iTunes (on the iPhone), purchases and re-downloaded them. Obviously tried that first via iTunes on PC but all songs had downloaded against them and would not let me download them again!!