What's new

Something weird going on

Markwc

Reaction score
I have a weird situation going on. My wife has an iPhone 6 through AT&T and I have an iPhone 6 from work which is through Verizon. I had an iPhone 5 until last week when it was upgraded to the 6. Ever since I got the 6, calls, answered, missed and outgoing that we make on our phones will show up on each other's call logs. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Mark!

Do you use the same iCloud ID on both devices, and is "Allow Calls on Other Devices" enabled in Settings - Phone - Calls - Calls on Other Devices?

Went through this issue myself. I have 2 iPhones, a 5s and a 4s, and my son has a 5c.

After updating to iOS 9, he started receiving my text messages from my work phone.

It appears that iOS 9 messes with iMessage and FaceTime settings, and makes all devices with the same AppleID receive everything intended for any one of them.

I don't know whether I've mopped up all the problems, but editing the list of phone numbers and email addresses you can be reached at in iMessage/FaceTime seems to help.

I have both phones setup through my Apple account so that makes sense. I'll try to disable this in settings. Thanks for the replies!

Mark

Ok, calls on other devices was already turned off on both phones. How do I disable this in iCloud?

It's not possible in iCloud. Take a look at your Message and FaceTime settings. If your ID appears on both devices, remove or un-checkmark it on one of them.

I turned off iCloud Drive on both phones. Could that fix the problem?

Actually, I would like to disable anything to do with iCloud on all of my devices. I don't use it, I don't trust it and I want it gone.

Actually, I would like to disable anything to do with iCloud on all of my devices. I don't use it, I don't trust it and I want it gone.
In that case, sign out of your account in Settings - iCloud. If you use Find my iPhone, you'll have to enter the password when you try to disable iCloud, because it's a part of it.
If you disable it, you'll also stop syncing bookmarks across your devices in Safari, contacts (if you have an iCloud account), iCloud Calendar events, and you'll stop using Keychain. You'll have to backup your iDevices to iTunes, if you stop using iCloud.

And if one of your devices are stolen, iCloud's activation lock won't work, which means that everyone will be able to erase or use it.

Disabling iCloud Drive wouldn't help, btw.

Thank you. We don't use any of the features you mentioned except Find My Phone. Will I keep getting pop ups that tell me to sign in to iCloud?

I turned off my iCloud and in all App.s that used it. I still can use my find my phone, i just have to sign in using my Apple password.