What's new

Some MP3s won't sync to my iPhone

Malolo

Reaction score
When I sync my iPhone 4 (with OS 5) with iTunes (10.5.1, the latest for Mac), some MP3s don't sync to the iPhone, and I get a message saying that some tracks are the wrong format, which is not true since the MP3s are from the same source with the same settings.

Thanks a lot.

Malolo said:
When I sync my iPhone 4 (with OS 5) with iTunes (10.5.1, the latest for Mac), some MP3s don't sync to the iPhone, and I get a message saying that some tracks are the wrong format, which is not true since the MP3s are from the same source with the same settings.

Thanks a lot.

Can u tell me the bit rate and sample rate of the songs.another reason may be coz they are write protected or drm.

Most are 128,000 kbs and either 48,000 HZ or 44,100 HZ. I'm sure it's not a write-protection problem. Some are audio files I made myself with my voice, which all have the same settings (128 kbs, 44,100HZ), and some are from textbook audio cds, which are not write protected. It seems random which tracks are rejected. Could it be related to OS 5? It seems many people have been having audio problems after upgrading.

Malolo said:
Most are 128,000 kbs and either 48,000 HZ or 44,100 HZ. I'm sure it's not a write-protection problem. Some are audio files I made myself with my voice, which all have the same settings (128 kbs, 44,100HZ), and some are from textbook audio cds, which are not write protected. It seems random which tracks are rejected. Could it be related to OS 5? It seems many people have been having audio problems after upgrading.

Hmm that seems good.that's strange.it should copy.even I had issues with copying some songs.i can suggest one good thing and it should work.download a software called XILISOFT VIDEO CONVERTER.Convert them in mp3 256 bit 44.100 hz and the. It must work.coz mp3 is a format and there are diff codecs of a format.tell me if it works.from my calculation it must.

xplod566 said:
Hmm that seems good.that's strange.it should copy.even I had issues with copying some songs.i can suggest one good thing and it should work.download a software called XILISOFT VIDEO CONVERTER.Convert them in mp3 256 bit 44.100 hz and the. It must work.coz mp3 is a format and there are diff codecs of a format.tell me if it works.from my calculation it must.

Although it states video it still can convert any format to any :)

I advice to drag and drop to itunes music library then sync it with iphone this would help you.
Or try to sync music to your iPhone without iTunes.
And i share you a column about iPhone Transfer Backup Reviews. This has worked perfectly for me everytime I've tried it.
Hope it can do you a favor.

Last edited:
jimmywell said:
I advice to drag and drop to itunes music library then sync it with iphone this would help you.
Or try to sync music to your iPhone without iTunes.

How is it possible to sync without iTunes????and he tried the process and it didn't work if I m not wrong...

xplod566 said:
How is it possible to sync without iTunes????and he tried the process and it didn't work if I m not wrong...

It's possible.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

iCrank said:
It's possible.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

How do you do it other than 3rd party software?

Malolo said:

Hey did it work?

Hello xplod566, I changed the settings as you recommended to 256 bit and 48,000 hz (I know you recommended 44,100, but I wasn't sure how to change to 44.100 in iTunes). Anyway, it worked, and I was able to get a whole list of mp3s transferred. Thank you very very much for your help.