What's new

Slight annoying prob with semi-tether

bmahony

Reaction score
i jailbroke my iphone 4 again today..also installed semi tether package..i have turned on and off my device 2 times so far..i also have rebooted twice and everything seems to be working..only thing is semi-tether icon on cydia is white and my wifi is working but no icon is showing for this..everything is a lot better than the probs i had last week..why is the semi-tether icon white with name showing but no pic in the icon...is this right

bmahony said:
i jailbroke my iphone 4 again today..also installed semi tether package..i have turned on and off my device 2 times so far..i also have rebooted twice and everything seems to be working..only thing is semi-tether icon on cydia is white and my wifi is working but no icon is showing for this..everything is a lot better than the probs i had last week..why is the semi-tether icon white with name showing but no pic in the icon...is this right

Ya. That sounds about right. The intention of the semi tether is to allow you to still have a mostly working phone should you be forced into rebooting while away from your computer. Before the semi tether came along if your phone crashed for any reason and required a reboot then you were SOL until you got to your computer. Not the most desirable. At least now with semi tether your phone will still work minus all the JB stuff. I think also email and safari don't work. Most everything works.

Semi tether is really just a safety in case you have to reboot your device away from a computer. Its like using windows in safe mode.