What's new

Sky Go problems

daveo72

Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if anyone can help but I refuse to pay Apple £25 to try to resolve this issue. I have Sky Go app on my IPhone 4s and over the last couple of days it has stopped working. It loads up, I sign is as normal(sign in ID and password is correct as the app works on my laptop). When I chose a program all I get is loading for around 30-35 seconds then I get an error "Poor Quality, please try again later". I have tried this over the last 2 days at various times but get the same error. I'm connected to WI-FI at around 18-20 mbps which is confirmed on my IPhone as the speed receiving. I have tried un-installing and installing again and re-booting my IPhone several times. Same error. I have contacted Sky Go support and gone through the trouble shooting with an advisor and tried allsorts of things but not got any further on. The advisor confirms as the app loads and my log in details are correct then it seems to be an error with my phone loading the app correctly. Can anyone shed any light on this or point me in the right direction for advise. £25 is a bit steep to pay to resolve the issue which may not even work. Sorry to drone on.

Is your iPhone Jailbroken...? SKY GO is one of the new breed of apps that detect jailbroken iPhone and refuse to work...an easy work around is available...

No my IPhone isn't Jailbroken, it was jailbroken but I have restored to factory settings due to downloading an app that wouldn't allow me to open my phone whilst installed. I made a backup before restoring then installed the back up when I had restored.

Last edited:
You can only link 2 devices to your SKY GO account(I think)... I wonder if the 2 slots are being used and that's the reason you cannot connect...?

If an fix is not available soon I would consider Restoring your iPhone with iTunes as a "New Device"...loading only the SKY GO app and then see if it connects and works....

Yeah the 2 devises are my laptop and IPhone so that's not the issue. Do you think it could be the fact I have restored from backup after re-setting to factory settings rather than installing the apps from new?

Yeah possible...Restoring to "NEW" and only installing SKY GO.... should be a good way to start tracking the problem down....
Make sure you download SKY GO from the AppStore on your iPhone and not from iTunes(Computer)... Good Luck

Thanks Bula, gonna leave till the weekend now when I have more time. ;)

damn it, I've restored to factory settings and only installed Sky Go..... yep it now works however it either means I have to install everything back on one by including all my contact numbers, photos etc or to restore from backup and lose Sky Go...... Thanks so much for your help Bula

No mate....as long as you restored as "New" it should be safe to restore from a recent backup....suck it and see.... Good luck