What's new

Siri just amazed me yet again!

ardchoille

Reaction score
I wanted to learn how to create a calendar event but didn't quite know the syntax that Siri would accept. So, I asked Siri "how do I create a calendar event". Siri asked me when the event was, I gave Siri the date and time, and Siri created the event perfectly. I had expected to ask how to do it, receive instructions and then have to ask to have the event created but Siri killed two birds with one stone. I had a friend standing next to me during all of this and her jaw dropped when Siri finished creating the event. She doesn't have a mobile phone but commented that she needs to visit a carrier and look at iPhones.

Siri keeps amazing me :)

I have found her quite useful for calendar events. The only down side is you need to manually enter in the alert (unless I'm just dumb about it) but that is small potatoes compared to not entering the whole event by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did it send an email to whatever you created the event for?

For instance, if you say "Schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith for next tuesday at 9am" it will try and send an email invite to Dr. Smith... weird...

No I haven't experienced that. I am using google calendar so that may have an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siri is indeed very useful but only when I am in free time.