What's new

Siri doesnt work all the time.

frazon

Reaction score
When I use Siri at home connected to wifi Siri works fine but when I'm out (with no wifi connection) Siri doesn't work all the time. Why? (sprint user)

When I use Siri at home connected to wifi Siri works fine but when I'm out (with no wifi connection) Siri doesn't work all the time. Why? (sprint user)

frazon said:
What prevents Siri from working.

I mean when I notice that Siri isn't working I check my coverage strength I have 3G but I don't have a wifi connection.

its probably not working because your not in an apple commercial :). Seriously, depending on the strength of your 3G signal, it could work intermittently. Siri needs to communicate with apples server (over data) and receive a response. If your 3G connection is not good, it could time out or basically not work.

I think I solved the problem. Unknowingly I changed the wifi connection to off to preserve the battery life and also I changed the "ask to join networks" off and didn't realize that it will affect Siri's ability to work. So after turning those to settings on today it works fine. (I think)

mines works all the time idk yours dnt.. if u dnt hav good service it won't work

I assume it just like using the web when out and about, if your 3g signal strenght is week it won't work. I am sure you know it requires web to use.