What's new

Sim Free

Update: I brought the phone to Cricket today. They popped in their SIM, and the phone is working. Hallelujah!! No one at ATT knew what they were talking about, but at least the Cricket chap did. I hope he is correct that should I decide to go to another carrier later, the phone will go with me without any problems. For now, I am happy and very relieved!

Update: I brought the phone to Cricket today. They popped in their SIM, and the phone is working. Hallelujah!! No one at ATT knew what they were talking about, but at least the Cricket chap did. I hope he is correct that should I decide to go to another carrier later, the phone will go with me without any problems. For now, I am happy and very relieved!
AT&T won't unlock the phone until the subsidy is paid off. Did you get a phone w/a subsidy?

Mmmm, I do not know what is a subsidy, but I was able to activate my phone. I bought it from someone in another state who does liquidations of all sorts of things. It was not an Apple dealer. I am just happy my phone is working!

Mmmm, I do not know what is a subsidy, but I was able to activate my phone. I bought it from someone in another state who does liquidations of all sorts of things. It was not an Apple dealer. I am just happy my phone is working!

A subsidy is a means to allow a customer to get a phone from a cell phone provider at a discounted price, but in return the customer agrees to a 2 year contract with that carrier. In the event the customer leaves that carrier before the end of the contract, then the customer is expected to pay a termination fee.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

Oh, I see. My very first mobile phone with Verizon. I paid full price for the phone, but I had a contract with them. I never liked Verizon at all, and I did not like the idea of being under a contract with any carrier. We now have the same sort of situation here with electric providers. I have to renew a yearly contract with my electric provider, and should I close the account before the end of the year, they would charge me an early termination fee. This contract makes even less sense to me because the electric provider is not giving me any special other than to lock in my kilowatt hourly rate.

I am grateful my iphone is working, though. : )