Signal issues

escalade6103

New Member
I've never had any issues with signal till recently. Ive always had 4 to 5 bars and now I'm only getting 2 most of the time. It's terrible! And so frustrating. I've turned it off and back on to update the towers and also called *228 and it never gets better. Randomly it does get up to 4 bars but never 5 bars. Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?
 
I get around three to four bars in my apartment. The only issue I have is when I'm in the parking lot across my building then I get switched to roaming and I'm in the open. I always forget to do the *228 thing when I travel out of state and get frustrated thinking I got a defect phone.
 
We went through a period of that a few months ago when Verizon was updating towers in our area (NC). We used to be in an Alltel area. Now it's better. If I recall, they still had tower work to do in other areas. You may want to contact a corporate store and see what they have to say about it. Don't even bother with a franchise...they don't know much of anything!
 
Yeah I'm guessing it's cause their upgrading to 4g. Glad it happening now so when I get my 4g iPhone 5 it will be up and running good.
 
If you are on Verizon, *228 allows you to select one of two options.

Option 1 downloads activation data and initializes your phone for using on the network.

Option 2 downloads the PRL (Preferred Roaming List).
 
Does the prl update remove previous updates or does it simply add to the list? In other words, I'm I go to a different county and do it, do I have to redo it when I get back to mine or will it now know both lists?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top