What's new

Signal bars icon unchangeable !!

splash104

Reaction score
I have tried installing different color signal bar icons but none of them actually work through WB. Any stand alone tweak for changing white signal bars to colored ones?

Might be that the pathing of the signal bars theme is wrong. Make sure that it's in root/Library/Themes/ThemeNameHere/UIImages

Plus, remember that if you want your theme to be complete, you'll have to cover all the angles, meaning all the different backgrounds: [Black/Silver]_[0 through 5]_Bars.png

Might be that the pathing of the signal bars theme is wrong. Make sure that it's in root/Library/Themes/ThemeNameHere/UIImages

Plus, remember that if you want your theme to be complete, you'll have to cover all the angles, meaning all the different backgrounds: [Black/Silver]_[0 through 5]_Bars.png

Do I need to install a complete theme? I mean right now I don't have any particular FULL theme installed just few changes selected randomly.

Nope. You can actually create the theme itself. For example, we'll call your signal bar theme SIGbars. Head over to root/Library/Themes/ and create a folder called SIGbars. Your result will be root/Library/Themes/SIGbars. Now inside the SIGbars folder, create another folder called UIImages. Result would be root/Library/Themes/SIGbars/UIImages/. Just drag and drop all 12 of your images in there (black 0-5 and silver 0-5), head over to Winterboard, look for SIGbars on the list of themes, and enable it and of course respring.

If you want to modify an existing one on a theme you already have, you can just change it within the theme's folder. So say I want to edit the Boss.iOS signal bars. I would head over to root/Library/Themes/Boss.iOS/UIImages and swap out the black 0-5 and silver 0-5 png files with the ones that I want. Keep the names as black and silver_0-5_bars.png (black_0_bars.png, black_1_bars.png, silver_0_bars.png, silver_1_bars.png, etc etc) and just replace the ones that're already in the file. Respring your device.

Nope. You can actually create the theme itself. For example, we'll call your signal bar theme SIGbars. Head over to root/Library/Themes/ and create a folder called SIGbars. Your result will be root/Library/Themes/SIGbars. Now inside the SIGbars folder, create another folder called UIImages. Result would be root/Library/Themes/SIGbars/UIImages/. Just drag and drop all 12 of your images in there (black 0-5 and silver 0-5), head over to Winterboard, look for SIGbars on the list of themes, and enable it and of course respring.

If you want to modify an existing one on a theme you already have, you can just change it within the theme's folder. So say I want to edit the Boss.iOS signal bars. I would head over to root/Library/Themes/Boss.iOS/UIImages and swap out the black 0-5 and silver 0-5 png files with the ones that I want. Keep the names as black and silver_0-5_bars.png (black_0_bars.png, black_1_bars.png, silver_0_bars.png, silver_1_bars.png, etc etc) and just replace the ones that're already in the file. Respring your device.

So basically the black and silver .png files are the defaults which the system reads and I have to change the image but keep the names as it is right?

And do I install Putty on my pc and OpenSSH on my device to access the channel between the two?

Exactly.

Yup that's it. You'll have to make sure that they're connected on the same network at home or work or wherever so that they can interact with one another wirelessly. Make sure that with PuTTy that you tick the SSH option instead of the Command option before connecting, or you'll open up the "Command Prompt" feature of PuTTy

Exactly.

Yup that's it. You'll have to make sure that they're connected on the same network at home or work or wherever so that they can interact with one another wirelessly. Make sure that with PuTTy that you tick the SSH option instead of the Command option before connecting, or you'll open up the "Command Prompt" feature of PuTTy

Right. Will do that and update in a bit about how things went.

Ok a bit confused here. I don't see black and silver .png files here for the color bars theme. At the moment, the wifi dots are showing up on the home screen but the default names are different here. Both images attached.

Attachments

• $Signal bars icon unchangeable !!(1).jpg
    $Signal bars icon unchangeable !!(1).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 203
  • $Signal bars icon unchangeable !!.jpg
    $Signal bars icon unchangeable !!.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Exactly.

Kindly let me know where all the default icons (carrier, wifi, battery etc.) are stored so for the sake of simplicity, I could just go into the folder and replace anyone with my own image without the need to use WB.

Oooh..... I thought you meant the actual bars of signal. You're referring to the status bar on the top of the screen.

Carrier logos can be changed using Zeppelin from Cydia.

The rest should be in root/Library/Themes/ThemeName/UIImages.

4G's name is [email protected]

LTE's name is [email protected]

Wifi is [email protected] (1 2 and 3)

Then also create a WhiteOnBlackEtch_ version of everything so that you don't only get the theme half the time as your status bar color changes.

I'll provide a slightly larger list in due time, a little busy at work just walking in.

Oooh..... I thought you meant the actual bars of signal. You're referring to the status bar on the top of the screen.

Carrier logos can be changed using Zeppelin from Cydia.

The rest should be in root/Library/Themes/ThemeName/UIImages.

4G's name is [email protected]

LTE's name is [email protected]

Wifi is [email protected] (1 2 and 3)

Then also create a WhiteOnBlackEtch_ version of everything so that you don't only get the theme half the time as your status bar color changes.

I'll provide a slightly larger list in due time, a little busy at work just walking in.

Since I'm new at all this, I did play around a bit on my own and was able to change the color of 3G icon from white to red. If I've got the locations of everything on my fingertips then I can modify/customize anything without WB.

Last edited:
This should be a pretty comprehensive list of the items that you're looking for in particular. Click on the second one to resize it since it's slightly bigger in dimensions.

9gKiLT1.png
r90i60J.png