What's new

Setting up my Charter.net account on my iphone 5

Brentchap

Reaction score
I have tried everything............ I even had my IT guy give it a shot and he can not make it work either.
It took me like 5 minutes to set it up on my Android phone, I am rapidly losing faith in this apple product, can anybody provide any guidelines for setting up a standard IMAP account?

Here are the instructions from my isp:

Mobile Device Settings

These are the general settings for Charter’s Mobile Email. Using these required settings ensures that your Emails are secure and that all of your devices are kept in synch with each other
You will need the following information to allow your Smartphone to connect to mobile.charter.net. Please use the mobile device settings for mobile devices. You will not be able to send messages if you use other settings. The mobile device settings can also be used on a laptop or netbook to send messages using a desktop Email client when not connected to a Charter internet connection.
Username: EDITED Note: Make sure you enter EDITED after your username or you will be unable to login
Password: The password you use to login to your Email account
SSL: This setting should be On for both SMTP and IMAP.

Protocol: IMAP
Incoming Email Server: EDITED
Port: 993
Outgoing Email Server: EDITED
Port: 587
If applicable: a login will be required when sending and receiving mail.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Removed email addresses

Last edited by a moderator: