What's new

Serious 3G problem

HKWrite12

Reaction score
My phone will not connect to 3G, although it shows the 3G logo, it will not connect. It's been like this for three days, and I don't what to do. I have reset the network settings, erased the phone? Will a restore resolve the issue? It's "okay" because I use wifi 90% of the time, but the other 10 grinds my gears

Contact your provider. It might be an IMEI issue on their part. If you're on a GSM network, ask for them to reset your IMEI registration for the carrier, then ask for a new SIM. Since you said you're on Wifi 90% of the time, the wait probably wouldn't be that big a bother. Or you might even be able to pick it up at a local distributor.

Thanks. I was wondering if it might be the Sim. It just happened all of a sudden. Like I took a nap and bam it was broken.

Then that would be a carrier problem, not a hardware problem. I'd doubt that it'll be a software problem either. Normally respringing or hard rebooting would fix it

Ill try to go in a store this week. Thanks so much. I was really starting to get upset since my warranty just expired.