What's new

Security problem since updating to 5.2

loobs72

Reaction score
I have a passcode on my phone and since updating last night to 5.1 on the home locked screen you can now press the camera and drag upwards which takes you straight into the camera and then press the home button and you are into the phone properly without having to enter the passcode.

Anyone know of a way to stop this?

I have a passcode on my phone and since updating last night to 5.1 on the home locked screen you can now press the camera and drag upwards which takes you straight into the camera and then press the home button and you are into the phone properly without having to enter the passcode.

Anyone know of a way to stop this?

Yes. Set your timeout to a shorter time frame and don't test it till the timeout has occurred.

Basically you are testing it while the lock system hasn't engaged per your settings.

But don't feel bad. A major website ran a story on this only to get egg on its face for not realizing the real issue.

Yes. Set your timeout to a shorter time frame and don't test it till the timeout has occurred.

Basically you are testing it while the lock system hasn't engaged per your settings.

But don't feel bad. A major website ran a story on this only to get egg on its face for not realizing the real issue.

I saw an article about the same thing that came up on my Zite gadget section this morning, I think it was from 9to5 Mac. You would think a source like them would try and do diligent tests before reporting something like that to all their readers because now their are discussions about this happening else where. I still am an active member over at android forums (I used to be a droid junkie) and this is feeding fuel to their fires (even though they shouldnt be allowed to talk with the issues android has faced lately).

I saw an article about the same thing that came up on my Zite gadget section this morning, I think it was from 9to5 Mac. You would think a source like them would try and do diligent tests before reporting something like that to all their readers because now their are discussions about this happening else where. I still am an active member over at android forums (I used to be a droid junkie) and this is feeding fuel to their fires (even though they shouldnt be allowed to talk with the issues android has faced lately).

LOL, I didn't even think to log into DroidForums and see how they were chatting this up. I think I still have one of the top 20 most viewed threads there even after shutting it down almost a year ago.