What's new

Searching for an Onboard/Dashboard App which records continuously

Krautkopf

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

as the title says I'm looking for a App which records continiously Videos and overwrites the oldest one. It would also be great if it records in the background, like you see a map or a black screen or something on the screen. And it would also be great if it's recording in the best resolution most Apps are just doing just VGA (640x480).

I know there are some Apps for recording while driving but they are not 100% working. Actually I use the "speedometer" „Speedometer with Video Camera with Speed/Time Info“ für iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (4. Generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation) und iPad Wi-Fi + 4G im iTunes App Store but it makes a big break between the videos today I head a great scene in traffic where I had to realy jump in my breaks to not crash and exactly this scene was not recorded :-(

I don't care about GPS signal or speed in it. The reason for that is I'm a lot on the way on german roads and there are so many funny and cruel scenes it would be great to show people who never drove there how it is :)

If somebody could help it would be great!

Many thanks in advance

I already bought so much Apps, there are many good ones but none of them there is a possibility to switch the screen of or turn it black for recording at night.

This one is the best I tested but there is unfortunatly no function to turn the screen black:
Speedometer Video Camera Speed / Also called: DrivingRecord

Also very good one but no possibility to turn the screen off:
Ployd Black Box

same reason:
iCar Black Box

same reason:
DashCam

And there are a lot more.

If someone knows an App where it's possible to switch the screen off or turn it black would be great! Many thanks in advance

sorry for posting again in my own thread but I found two Apps:

Speedometer

Witness Driving:

Both avaliable in the App store

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to do the same thing and plan on using the witness app. What windshield mount are you using? Do you have a link to it?