What's new

Say goodbye to earphones falling out of your ears with Secure Tips

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
secure-tips-pic.jpeg

Most music lovers confront this issue at some point in time – having earphones that won’t stay on your ears, or won't go deep enough in your ear canal, so you can perceive the full intensity of the music. A new kickstarter.com project aims to change that for Apple users.

The idea of the project is quite intuitive and comes in the form or a hook-like attachment that will go on top of Apple headphones, thus making sure your earphones will never fall off again. The hooks are made of silicon rubber so users can be certain they will not feel uncomfortable if worn for an extended period of time.
The hook does not offer any other benefits apart from the one mentioned above so users shouldn’t expect to get improved sound quality as an added bonus, except for the benefit of better positioning on/in your ear. They are just a cheap and creative way to solve a problem that most of us have bumped up against.

If you feel like supporting this wonderful little project go on to the kickstarter webpage and contribute a meager $20. In return you will receive a single kit of Secure Tips of a color of your choosing, once their project takes off. You can choose between white, black, blue, red and green. Also, every kit comes packed with three different sizes so it does not matter how big or small your ears are.

By Radu

SecureTips: Lock your Apple Earphones in Place by Zach Herbert & Adam Orshan — Kickstarter

hmm- I dunno - I paid 10 bucks for some very normal looking over the ear headphones that sound BETTER (by far) than the apple earbuds. They are comfortable (I have worn them for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week) - and not once have they fallen out.

I'm sure these are GREAT... just not convinced of the need. But I am sure they will get the backing and do well, and I am sincerely glad for them :)

Take care,
Rob