What's new

Saving Photos to iCloud

22iPhoneVince said:
Does anyone know how to save or add photos to iCloud? Or tell me exactly how iCloud works?

In settings, iCloud, turn photos on.
It syncs photos from your device to cloud account. Then will sync all photos in your iCloud account to every apple device you have active for that iCloud account.
Example: you have iPhone, iPad and iMac.
You turn on iCloud photo sync for your apple account on all three devices.
If you take a picture on your iPhone, you will see it in your camera roll on iPhone and also in cloud storage. Also, you will see it soon on iPad and iMac after it syncs through iCloud. Now take photo on iPad. It will also sync to all devices. And so on...

OK, but I see pics in my iPhone4's Camera Roll but nothing in the Photo Stream. I take it that the Photo Stream is to show what pics are in iCloud. Do the pics in the Camera Roll hove to be in the phone for a certain amount of time before they reach iCloud or is it a way to manually send the pics to iCloud?

OK, but I see pics in my iPhone4's Camera Roll but nothing in the Photo Stream. I take it that the Photo Stream is to show what pics are in iCloud. Do the pics in the Camera Roll hove to be in the phone for a certain amount of time before they reach iCloud or is it a way to manually send the pics to iCloud?

You do not manually send pics to iCloud, they are automatically transfer to iCloud the moment you take a photo using the stock camera app. You will need to log in your iCloud account from settings> iCloud/ then enable photo stream "ON" there after log in. Then take a picture and give it 2mn if you are on wifi, they should show up in your album> photo stream.
Notice that depend on the type of connection you have, your photos you have just take might spend time before reach the iCloud server, 3G network is fast enough though.

Does it work like that if your on windows vista or is it an apple thing. I can't get photos to sync at all from my phone to pc and vice verca. Driving me crazy.

Last edited: