What's new

Rip and Put DVDs to iPod Touch 5 from Mac?

PavtubeVideo

Reaction score
There are many threads on how to rip and convert DVD to iPod Touch 5 on Windows (Windows 8 included), but I'd like to show Mac users how to put DVDs to iPod Touch 5 from Mac (Mountain Lion included). Just check it out.

put-dvd-on-ipod-touch-5-from-mac.jpg

The iPod Touch 5 takes the best features of the iPhone 5, like the higher 640x1136 pixel, 4-inch screen, it can play music and video, rules games and apps,which makes it a top choice for you especially for those people who frequently travel. If you're thinking of downloading your favourite DVD movies to the iPod Touch 5 from Mac, you've come to the right place. In this article, you'll learn a simple way to convert and copy DVD to iPod Touch 5 under Mac OS X so that you can enjoy your movies on the go.

As you see, in order to get movies off of DVD discs and onto iPod Touch 5 from Mac, we need to get some help from a third-party tool which can help us rip and rip and convert DVD to iPod Touch 5 compatible video formats on Mac OS X. There are many programs out there that allow you to make copies of your DVDs and let you watch them the way you want to view them. You may confused about choosing a most suitable tool. If so, I recommend you try Pavtube DVD to iPod Converter Mac. It is easy to use for editing and conversion and makes great quality copies of my DVDs for all Apple portable devices on Mac OS X (Lion and Mountain Lion included). If you using a Windows PC, you can turn to its equivalent Mac version - DVD Conversion software for iPod.

To be honest, I've had success using the program to convert my DVD discs to a playable format by my iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, new iPad 3 and my Samsung Galaxy tablet on my Macbook. I've found the quality to be excellent, and see no difference when compared to playing the discs themselves. The audio/video synchronization is very good, the size of the subtitles too. The conversion time is half that in other and the conversions can be made for use on all forms of the iPod. Just download it and follow the guide below to transfer and put DVD movies to iPod Touch 5 from Mac in just a few clicks!

Free Download the Mac DVD to iPod Touch 5 Converter:

How to Rip and Convert DVD to iPod Touch 5 on Mac

The user guide below uses DVD Ripper for Mac (Mountain Lion included) screenshots. The steps to convert DVD to iPod Touch 5 on Windows are the same. Just make sure you've downloaded the right version according to your situation.

Step 1: Load DVD movies. Insert the DVD disc you want to rip into your computer's hard drive and run DVD Ripper. Then click "DVD disc" icon to add the DVD files. All loaded DVD files will be displayed on the source pane. As you can see, you can choose the chapters you'd like to rip.

mac-dvd-ripper-kindle-fire-hd.jpg

Step 2: Specify output profiles. Click "Format" bar, you can easily find the optimized videos for iPod 5 under iPod > iPod Touch 4 H.264 HD 720P(*.mp4). The output videos could fit on the iPod Touch 5th Gen perfectly.

ipod-touch-5-profile.jpg

If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Keep in mind that bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.

Step 3: Start to convert DVD to iPod Touch 5 on Mac. After all of preparations have been done, you can just click "Convert" button on the lower right side of this program.

After getting the converted movies files, you can transfer the converted DVD videos to iPod Touch 5 via iTunes. If you don't know how to sync video files with iPod 5, just follow the steps to realize it:

1) Make sure you have install iTunes. If not, you can free download iTunes here at first. And launch the iTunes.
2) Connect iPod to PC.
3) Choose "File – > Add File to Library…"
4) Drag the .mp4 file you want to the iPod icon

If your movie isn't already in one of the iPod supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the 20% OFF DISCOUNT Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate (or the 20% OFF iMedia Converter Mac)which can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of 720p/1080p HD videos in MKV, AVI, TiVo, VOB, MPG, MTS, etc. to your iPod Touch 5, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Android based tablets/phones for smoothly playing.