What's new

Ringtone problem

SomeDude

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I'm running the latest OS on the phone and I noticed that the home made ringtones I previously put on the phone, won't work. I have 2 such tones in the .m4r format and now I am told by a colleague that I have to re-do them, but neither he or I know how. I asked him why and he told me (he has a 5 BTW) that something (although he doesn't know what) changed in the format of the new software and as a result, they can't "see" the ringtones I made.
Is this true? And if so, how do I go about creating new ones that the software can recognize? I didn't use an app for the last round of tones I made, so I'd rather not have to buy one. Thanks.

Cheers,
SD

I have made my own ringtones back when I had my iPhone 4. They still work on my 4S. There are free software that will create your tones. Just google it

Sent from my iPaid 4

Thank you, I was also hoping someone here would be able to tell me why the phone OS doesn't recognize the tones anymore. Also, when creating a tone for say, when a text arrives, how long does it have to be? The one I have is a sound effect, not a song. Thanks.