What's new

Restore Possible to?

n0m0n

Reaction score

Hello,
I've been reading to to many posts trying to finger out if it is possible to restore a iPhone5s to 7.0.6?
I am still on iOS7.0.6 and have been experiencing problems with apps form the app store not staying open.
I open a few (Yahoo Sports, GasBuddy to name a few) and they close immediately.

I have been experiencing issues for a while so I installed iLEX R.A.T. iOS7 beta and have tried to restore using the iLEX R.A.T. as well as trying iNLEX R.A.T. RESTORE.

After restoring (either way) my device and apps do work but once I try to install Cydia tweaks issue arise.
I have not been able to identify what is actually producing the issue because it seems to happen no mater what I install.
I am now starting to think that whatever is the issue is present within a Cydia file.
What I mean is if I install FlipControlCenter I get a message tanking me for installing MultiIconMover+ (which I didn't install this time but did earlier this month because I purchased it for my 4s, but deleted it weeks ago).
This happens if I only install SafeHomePro as well and this is after a clean restore from either iNFO R.A.T. option offered.

SO before I loose the capability to jailbreak my device and update to iOS7.1 I am looking to see if I can just plug in my iPhone and shift restore when in iTunes to a clean iOS7.0.6 and jailbreak my device like the old ways?

I checked between SafeHousePro, and FlipCC and these are common between what these 2 different tweaks are installing or updating:
Cydia Substrate
PreferenceLoader
Substrate Safe Mode

Am I right to think it has to be related to one of these files being corrupt or still on my device after I excite one of the iNFO R.A.T. restore options?

Thanks​

It's not possible to restore A5+ devices using custom IPSWs from lack of a bootrom exploit or a public soft exploit. Assuming you have the Cydia Installer package intact, you can try installing OpenSSH, then running SemiRestore7 and see if that resolves your issue. I haven't had any issues with ILEX RAT on iOS 7, either the iOS 6- version or the iOS 7 beta version on several devices.

It's not possible to restore A5+ devices using custom IPSWs from lack of a bootrom exploit or a public soft exploit. Assuming you have the Cydia Installer package intact, you can try installing OpenSSH, then running SemiRestore7 and see if that resolves your issue. I haven't had any issues with ILEX RAT on iOS 7, either the iOS 6- version or the iOS 7 beta version on several devices.

Well I restore and it looks like it does but when I try to install anything from Cydia I get the same issue so I figured something via Cydia doesn't get wiped out.
Is there a way for me to restore to 7.0.6 un-jailbreak and then re-jailbreak?

I think that is the only way I am going to get whatever file tweak whatever is remaining on my device after iNFO RAT restore to be gone.

Thanks

Well I restore and it looks like it does but when I try to install anything from Cydia I get the same issue so I figured something via Cydia doesn't get wiped out.
Is there a way for me to restore to 7.0.6 un-jailbreak and then re-jailbreak?

I think that is the only way I am going to get whatever file tweak whatever is remaining on my device after iNFO RAT restore to be gone.

Thanks
As has been said before, there is absolutely no way for you to restore your iPhone 4S to anything other than iOS 7.1. No matter what you do to try and restore to any other iOS version, it will fail. BTW, the act of removing your jailbreak will update your iPhone to the latest iOS version.

Last edited:
Post a screen capture of your issue here. Frankly from your initial post, I can't gauge any known issues from what you're describing

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

As has been said before, there is absolutely no way for you to restore your iPhone 4S to anything other than iOS 7.1. No matter what you do to try and restore to any other iOS version, it will fail. BTW, the act of removing your jailbreak will update your iPhone to the latest iOS version.

OK I thank you for that clarification but I was asking if there was a way to remove all Cydia components and or un-jailbreak and then re-jailbreak my device after restoring via iNFO RAT?

I think my issue has to do with Cydia and something tweak or apps) that left behind a corrupt file.

Thanks again

Post a screen capture of your issue here. Frankly from your initial post, I can't gauge any known issues from what you're describing

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

There is no screen shot to take.
I restored via iNFO RAT (both options) and when I go to open a few app store apps they immediately close.

Now this is after I try to re-install anything from Cydia

Thanks

I have even tried to set up my iPhone as a New iPhone so that if there was anything lingering in my backup (iCloud backup) it wouldn't be re-installed.

I just also notice that restore (via SemiRestore7) put me into safe mode before it even setup.
Is that normal?

Also the reason I think its related to Cydia is because I restored (now via SemiRestore7) and when its complete parts of tweaks that I had on before met issues are there even though the tweaks aren't according to Cydia | Installed.
BUT the boarder around the icons which is a option in Bigy+ are there as well the animated Weather Icon is the icon I had set for Weatherbug Elite.

Thanks

Last edited:
Did your problems start after downloading any new tweaks? Some of them have not been updated to properly work with a device on iOS 7.0.6.

Did your problems start after downloading any new tweaks? Some of them have not been updated to properly work with a device on iOS 7.0.6.

Well originally my device was crashing 2 - 3 ties a day into safe mode for a few weeks.
At that time I tried to disable all the tweaks via iCleaner Pro Mobile Substrates but it didn't help.
So on Friday I decided to use iLEX and restore at this time I started to notice that a few regular store apps (Apples store not Cydia) that I have had on my devices for years were crashing closed immediately upon opening.

And hence I have been trying to get my device to restore to a clean pre tweak status.

But as Ive shared I haven't found a way to restore clean or before a jailbreak status.

If there is another option I am eager to hear it because I am a few hours away form having to update to iOS 7.1.

Thanks

NOW I restored and when I go into settings or look in Cydia Installed there is nothing installed in respect to tweaks, but the Cydia files in there, yet when I move my apps on the hoe screen it acts like I have Gridlock 2.0 installed.

How is that possible????

SO maybe I am thinking incorrectly about this but I think some files in respect to the jailbreak or Cydia is corrupt so I was hoping to get to a clean 7.0.6...

Anything I can do that I may not have that you can think of?

Last edited:
OK so I decided to try to reinstall the tweaks that were still present even though when I ant into Cydia they appeared as not being installed...
The tweaks were:
Bigify+
Gridlock2
LiveWeatherIcon

and turned them off since they were still on after all the restores I did?????????

I can now open the store app's (gasbuddy, Yahoo Sports).

I don't know if those were the only ones or if I got them all but what the???

Ever hear of this?