What's new

Reset Jailbroken 4S Error?

lboto2

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a 2nd hand jailbroken iphone 4s and replaced the screen on it. I then tried hard resetting it on the phone, let it load all night but it didn't finish so then I held in the power button and home button until it turned off. I tried the procedure of starting it in recovery mode but now nothing comes up on the screen. I also tried restoring it with itunes which come up with an error once it had finished downloading (still no display on screen). It seems to turn on but no display. Hardware problem? At one stage the screen lit up with the activation background (with darkened corners) but no 'iphone' and slider.

** I meant DFU mode.

Solutions would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
:
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sur
e

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

Double check that the physical components inside are all intact and that nothing is loose. Do consult iFixIt for some pretty nice guides on DIY repairs. Another member or mod will probably chime in with their checklist of expertise since I'm more software than hardware :)

I tried the process of exiting DFU mode and this is what comes up on the screen. Has anyone seen this before?
$IMAG0004.jpg

Double check the display connector, while you're at it, make sure everything else is intact and accounted for.