What's new

Reset iphone 4 after 7.0.3

iphone2015

Reaction score
What are the steps of getting the iphone 4 from 7.0.3 update back to original? Would it be itunes and restore?

Last edited:
Original is not a vocab in the smartphone world unless you're referring to the device as original, meaning the very first original.

You're referring to downgrading the iOS, which can only be done if you have SHSH blobs. As for iOS 7.0 and 7.0.2 in your case, it's not possible even if you have blobs because iOS 7 uses APTickets which by itself is unusable.

I meant to get this phone back to what is was out of the box. I bought a Sprint iphone 4 today non jailbroken and i updated to the latest iOS if i want to go back to out of box state how do i do this? Would just restoring on itunes work. I dont need sshh im not jailbroken. Im not stuck with this iOS am i?

Anyone else can help me? I want to go back to how my phone was out of the box today. I updated to 7.0.3 and want to go back simple as that

I'm sorry, you simply can't at this stage! If you search this forum, google it, read other forums, there is ample info to confirm this for you.

Yes, you need SHSH. SHSH does not require a jailbroken device. What you're asking is essentially getting the yolk and white out of an egg, without puncturing or breaking the shell of the egg in the process, it's undo-able without blobs let alone denying the need to use blobs.