Removing contacts from iCloud?

iDude

Administrator
Staff member
How do you remove the master contact list or all of your contacts from iCloud? I don't want to merge, I want to start over?
 
  1. Make sure your contacts are actually on iCloud
  2. Turn off iCloud syncing for contacts – I imagine this would destroy that data too and that would be bad!
  3. Build and run this app – it will delete all of the contacts on device
  4. Start iCloud syncing and watch the iCloud contacts come in
  5. Delete the app – for the love of god, don’t let this tempting white-iconed beauty stay on your device
 
I guess the best way to login directly to icloud.com and remove all the contacts from the address book.
 
I guess the best way to login directly to icloud.com and remove all the contacts from the address book.

I just tested that and can concur that is probably the safest controlled route to accomplishing your goal.
 
I haven't put my contacts on the iCloud b/c when I had the guy at the store transfer my contacts from my Droid, it imported 6,000 (not a typo) contacts - basically anyone I had ever emailed, (I have a blog and lots of commenters.) ANY-WHO. How do I get rid of all those contacts and start over? Or is there a place to see them all listed so I can go thru and delete those I don't want? TIA.
 
I would sync everything to iCloud at the first place and right from my iPhone, then i would manually delete those contacts i do not want to have both on my iCloud and on my iPhone.
 
okay, so then they will sync and stay the same? so, dumb question. where do I go to manually delete contacts in iCloud?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top