What's new

Remote island!

iHolophyte

Reaction score
Totally off the topic here.
Here is the scenario. You are marooned on a remote island that has never been found by the human race. On this island you find an area that will be suitable to make home. There is no running streams that you have yet come across, but the ocean is near by. (kinda like Robinson Crueaso) there are however a vast supply of water melon trees.

Question 1) who would you like to be with you on this island and why?

My Choice is Bear Grylls because if I'm gonna spend the rest of my days here I want the best help with tieing knots and making tree houses there is.

Question 2) the water melon trees have been here for a long long time, providing ample supply of water melons year after year. These water melons look like they will be your only source of food and water, or at least your staple diet. Do you take what you need when you need or do you continue to let the trees cultivate themselfs as they have done for many many years? And how you accomplish this? If you take all the water melon then in the end will it stop producing. The need for water melon to ripen drop to the floor and the seeds re-grow? Or do you have a way to mimick this?

Told you totally off the topic but I'm hoping it'll be a good topic none the less (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

I moved the thread to the off topic discussion. I would love spending the days on that island with my wife. So we can continue to build and reproduce. Sort of like the Robison family. I would also only take what I would need to hunt so that I could finally other means of food.

I moved the thread to the off topic discussion. I would love spending the days on that island with my wife. So we can continue to build and reproduce. Sort of like the Robison family. I would also only take what I would need to hunt so that I could finally other means of food.

Thanks iCrank I thought I'd already started it in the off topic section. Obviously not so thanks for that.

You have to remember you're on this remote island not of your own choice so having tools etc to hunt wouldn't be available until you made them. So looks like a lot of water melon for you (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Just one question....watermelons actually grow on vines along the ground so are we just pretending that they grow on trees? lol

As for who I'd have with me.......I'd take Tom Hanks. He managed to survive on a remote island for many years. ;-)
At least I wouldn't need a soccer ball to keep me company. lol

Just one question....watermelons actually grow on vines along the ground so are we just pretending that they grow on trees? lol

As for who I'd have with me.......I'd take Tom Hanks. He managed to survive on a remote island for many years. ;-)
At least I wouldn't need a soccer ball to keep me company. lol

Did I type trees? I meant vines.... Honest. So yes let's pretend they now grow on trees after all this is a remote island that's never been found by human life. So who knows.
I got confused with coconuts eh (laughs out loud)

Tom Hanks is a good choice, at least he won't deflate like Wilson.

iHolophyte

This topic didn't last too long did it? I should start one asking everyone to add me to a game. (Laughs out loud) seems the only topics these days!

iHolophyte

Lol, I'd probably like to have this boy that I like from my school to be with me on this remote island, because he's funny, entertaining and he's really good at swimming ;)
I'd take one or two watermelons off the vines occasionally- but so it can keep producing xD

Lol, I'd probably like to have this boy that I like from my school to be with me on this remote island, because he's funny, entertaining and he's really good at swimming ;)
I'd take one or two watermelons off the vines occasionally- but so it can keep producing xD

Take off occasionally? It's your only form of food and water. Until you can work out the island and find items to fish with and cook. So you'll need about 5 a day one reckons. Picking a good swimmer? You are 300 miles away from any civilisation. He'd have to a brilliant swimmer (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Take off occasionally? It's your only form of food and water. Until you can work out the island and find items to fish with and cook. So you'll need about 5 a day one reckons. Picking a good swimmer? You are 300 miles away from any civilisation. He'd have to a brilliant swimmer (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Rofl, I'm so stupid ;)
He is actually a proper good swimmer though (he's in the top ten best in the country he comes from), but I'll just have to swap him for...Dougie Poynter cos he survived in the jungle and won I'm a Celebrity Get me Outta Here!!
I'd take all the watermelons I need and then go looking for other food on the island xD

Rofl, I'm so stupid ;)
He is actually a proper good swimmer though (he's in the top ten best in the country he comes from), but I'll just have to swap him for...Dougie Poynter cos he survived in the jungle and won I'm a Celebrity Get me Outta Here!!
I'd take all the watermelons I need and then go looking for other food on the island xD

Lmao @ Dougie. He'd be able to serenade you every night too with his bass guitar. So added bonus. Or use his base guitar to sale away 😉

iHolophyte