What's new

Record video and play music at the same time...

Reaction score
I know this isn't possible after doing much researching, but is there a way to legitimately submit this idea to apple? I have a windshield mount for my phone and sometimes record my driving, and would like to be able to listen to music through my radio at the same time. I'd also like to video bike rides and be able to listen to music through my wireless headphones too. I mean there's thousands of reason why we should be able to do this!

I also liked another guy's idea of having the option to have the music in the background of the video rather than recording the sounds around you. Basically like if you were making a biking thrill video or whatever, have music rather than silence or people talking.

You mean, like this?

Yes, is that done with an iPhone? And I can't tell if the music is in the background of the video like edited in, or if it's being played in the vehicle.

I don't really care anything about incorporating it into the background of the video, I just want to be able to listen to music while recording video at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
ClemsonMarshal said:
Yes, is that done with an iPhone? And I can't tell if the music is in the background of the video like edited in, or if it's being played in the vehicle.

I don't really care anything about incorporating it into the background of the video, I just want to be able to listen to music while recording video at the same time.

I'll come clean. The video was shot on an iPad, duct taped to the windshield of the truck. The soundtrack was played on an iPhone plugged into the truck sound system.

Unfortunately, the only way I've found to accomplish what you are looking fr is to use two devices.

I'll come clean. The video was shot on an iPad, duct taped to the windshield of the truck. The soundtrack was played on an iPhone plugged into the truck sound system.

Unfortunately, the only way I've found to accomplish what you are looking fr is to use two devices.
Take a good picture of it and send it to apple along with the video and just say "is this what we have to resort to in order to play and record simultaneously?"

ClemsonMarshal said:
Take a good picture of it and send it to apple along with the video and just say "is this what we have to resort to in order to play and record simultaneously?"

lol. I might just do that.

Always wondered that too!! And guess what.. i found an app yesterday.. it's called JamCam.. and does exactly what you want! JamCamera (dot) com - I use it everyday now :):camera:
It doesn't let you record video while listening to your music the way I was thinking. It lets you record a short clip while your music plays in the background, but even then you have to hold the button down the whole time. I'm looking for the ability to record in my car or on my bike while also being able to listen to my music through my radio.