What's new

Recommended apps??

tippyteen

Reaction score
Hi, don't know if I'm posting in the right place. New to this forum, and still pretty new to my iPhone 5. What I was wondering is does anyone have any recommendations of any apps that are a must have and I would benefit from on my iPhone?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can highly recommend Flipboard, Its one of the best free apps out there, you customise it to suit your interests, have a look.

Hi, don't know if I'm posting in the right place. New to this forum, and still pretty new to my iPhone 5. What I was wondering is does anyone have any recommendations of any apps that are a must have and I would benefit from on my iPhone? Many thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are your interests? And are you looking for free apps only? One free app I recommend is White Pages. I've found it the best phone book app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whitepages/id287734809?mt=8

Last edited:
What are your interests? And are you looking for free apps only? One free app I recommend is White Pages. I've found it the best phone book app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whitepages/id287734809?mt=8
Thanks for your suggestions so far.....

I'm pretty much interested in anything, news, good games, social media, music etc. would rather the apps were free tbh, but if recommended a good paid app that would interest me then would be willing to purchase.

One app I am interested in getting is a good weather app, so many on the App Store just not sure which one to download. Any suggestions?

I can highly recommend Flipboard, Its one of the best free apps out there, you customise it to suit your interests, have a look.

Another vote for Flipboard, it's quite nice. Also, Evernote.

A few apps I like. :)

$image-611768565.jpg

Many thanks for your replies.
Have now got weather underground, flipboard and Evernote.

Ledsteplin for some reason it won't let me bring up the pic of your list of apps you like, so unable to read them :(

Here is a really cool app - it's called imagetotext - take a photo of anything with writing on it and it translates it into editable text and emails it to you. Just did it with Ledsteplin's post:

Photo editing: Photo Editor by Aviary, Camera+,
Afterlight, and Photo Toaster.
Text on photos: Phonto
Photoshop: Superimpose, Facetune
Social: Facebook, Twitter, OKDOTHIS, YbuTube
Just Fun: Got a pet? Get MyTalkingPet, It's
hilarious and still free (I think)
File Managing: Dropbox, Box. I like Box.
Apps: AppsGoneFree
Documents: Documents by Readdle
Calendar: Calendars by Readdle
Photo Framing: Pic Stitch, FrameArtist+,
Frame Magic, imikimi free.
Misc.: Google Maps, SpeedTest.net, Yummly (recipes),
Shopping: Amazon, eBay

Well, there are a lot of great apps, so it really depends on what you are searching for. But, to try and help you out anyway, there are two of my favourite that I have been using a lot in the last year. I love travelling and I love people, so I use this one - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/city-maps-walks-470+-cities/id417207307?mt=8 – for the former, great little walking tours written by locals about best bars, cafes, parks …. Etc. The other one is the iLove iPhone App which is essentially a dating app, but one of better ones in my opinion. If you are interested in cookery, or gimmicky, or music apps … I am afraid I am not your guy.

One thing that I've learned from this thread, is that my next iPhone will be a 64GB....SMILE

Try Awesome Note for tasks and notes.
Instapaper to read web pages offline.
Cooliris for browsing your photos.