What's new

Re- Jailbreaking iPhone 4s

kroko said:
Zig, we are talking about iPhone 4s.. Not 4.It's totally different from what you are saying.. If you are using the new version you can see the information it's give about iPad 2 n 4s..

Okay, your rite. However, there is no tool that does not allow an iPhone to enter DFU mode. All iPhone, iPod touchs and iPads can always enter DFU mode.

I know the iPhone 4S does need DFU mode with Absinthe, I assumed it was the same with redsn0w, but did not know for sure.

The jailbreak works on a 4 and 4S.

thecreator said:
absinthe does not need or put an iPhone 4s in DFU Mode to jb

I know that, I meant to say "doesn't". Not "does". Typo. My bad.

I agree but with the new version of redsnow it take you direct to the process of Jailbreaking no options of DFU..

Ohhh my.. I think this iPhone is messed up.. He tried to restore to os 5.1 and he gets an error of 3194 (something like that). I called him over to my place and check it out..

kroko said:
I agree but with the new version of redsnow it take you direct to the process of Jailbreaking no options of DFU..

Ohhh my.. I think this iPhone is messed up.. He tried to restore to os 5.1 and he gets an error of 3194 (something like that). I called him over to my place and check it out..

You must enter DFU mode to restore a jailbroken device. You cannot just plug it in and click restore. You can only do that with none-jailbroken devices.

Thanks zig.. We shall do that, hope it works.