What's new

Random Camera Photo of the Day

D1F6AB78-E7DC-4736-9158-DC188867970F.jpeg

View attachment 12291

Burning some trash and brush out back yesterday. The fire got a little big after this photo was taken. Lol
That picture reminds me of when I was about 12. My friend and I wanted some money to go to the movies; so, his mom said that if we cleaned up his back yard she would give us some money. Well, we piled up the trash in the middle of his back yard. Faced with a pile of trash and two twelve year old minds, we decided to burn it. So, we poured some gas on the pile and lit it on fire. His mom called him inside and I was left to keep an eye on the fire. Needless to say, some wind blew on the fire and I played wack a mole with a shovel by hitting the random fires that kept popping up. It didn’t take long for about half of his back yard to catch on fire, a little of his neighbor’s yard, and part of the woods behind his house . A few minutes after my solo efforts to get the fire under control, my friend came out and now there were two 12 year old amateur firefighters trying to save his back yard, or, more importantly, our butts. After about forty five minutes we were able to put the fire out with the hose and I don’t remember what else. This happened forty years ago and my friend and I still laugh about it.