What's new

Quality youtube without wifi?

hockysa

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

As you know the iphone doesn't let you stream decent quality video clips without a wifi connection present.

I recently discovered today that the iPhone downloads faster than I can on my home wifi so is there a way to unlock this 'restriction'??

I tried to google the solution but I'm not sure what to look up.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction please?

Cheers,
.b3n//

I download useful YouTube videos using YourTube 2 and MxTube, then watch them.

A couple of approach to tackle this :-

1. Use My3G or 3G Unrestrictor to "con" your iPhone that you're on a wi-fi, but it fact you're using 3G.

2. Go to m.youtube.com and click on the "Add Bookmark" button on your safari, save the bookmark on your SpringBoard (not normal bookmark list). Then launch the newly saved youtube app (it's actually a webapp) and you will have the hi-res option.

Enjoy :)

1. Use My3G or 3G Unrestrictor to "con" your iPhone that you're on a wi-fi, but it fact you're using 3G.

2. Go to m.youtube.com and click on the "Add Bookmark" button on your safari, save the bookmark on your SpringBoard (not normal bookmark list). Then launch the newly saved youtube app (it's actually a webapp) and you will have the hi-res option.

Oh btw, do watch your data plan quota if your telco imposed...cheers ;)

Oh btw, do watch your data plan quota if your telco imposed...cheers ;)

Cheers thanks for that,
I tried my3g awhile ago but couldnt get it to work for some reason.

but the mobile website of youtube works a treat :)