What's new

Problems with iPhone music!!!

iniesta

Reaction score
I can't play a full song anymore on my iPhone.

This problem just started about 4 songs into my playlist today.

What happens is that the iphone will play approximately the first 10 seconds of the song, and then it will automatically just repeat the first 10 seconds over and over again.

If i try to scroll to the middle of the song it automatically goes to beginning by itself and keeps repeating the first 10 seconds over and over again.

Could someone please help fix this problem? Is it something to do with the settings?

My iPhone 4 is jailbroken, on 5.0.1.

iniesta said:
I can't play a full song anymore on my iPhone.

This problem just started about 4 songs into my playlist today.

What happens is that the iphone will play approximately the first 10 seconds of the song, and then it will automatically just repeat the first 10 seconds over and over again.

If i try to scroll to the middle of the song it automatically goes to beginning by itself and keeps repeating the first 10 seconds over and over again.

Could someone please help fix this problem? Is it something to do with the settings?

My iPhone 4 is jailbroken, on 5.0.1.

How about you look at thy song in iTunes, right click on it, click "Get Info"

Then click on "Options"

Look at he start time and stop time.

Make sure this boxes are unchecked.

Then perhaps search for the actual length of the song in google or something, and compare it to how long iTunes has it.

If you find the actual length, then "maybe" you can edit in the original length of the song.
Have you tried to make a ringtone, or txt tone? Those being left behind will get synced to your iPod as a song, even tho it's really short. Tho...10 seconds seems too long for a text tone, and too short ringtone. Lol jut sayin'.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's help.

Ok this is going to sound really strange. Somehow my phone got fixed on its own. I tried playing music again late yesterday and somehow it was able to play half my playlist!? That was when i stopped it myself. The only change I had made was to install an unrelated Cydia tweak and my phone respiring.

But will keep the advice in mind should this happen again.

Did you try reinstalling the app? Does it happen with all the media players?
I think you need an update. That should do!

iniesta said:
Thanks for everyone's help.

Ok this is going to sound really strange. Somehow my phone got fixed on its own. I tried playing music again late yesterday and somehow it was able to play half my playlist!? That was when i stopped it myself. The only change I had made was to install an unrelated Cydia tweak and my phone respiring.

But will keep the advice in mind should this happen again.

Perhaps it was the respring itself that fixed the problem?

Reloading the springboard can fix problems at times.

zig9449 said:
Perhaps it was the respring itself that fixed the problem?

Reloading the springboard can fix problems at times.

Hmm, well the weird thing is that i had tried respiring my phone during the time that I was having the problem, and it didn't work...

iniesta said:
Hmm, well the weird thing is that i had tried respiring my phone during the time that I was having the problem, and it didn't work...

I would install MobileTerminal. Must be MobileTerminal version 520-1. It is not in Cydia.
You have to install with iFile.

Install iFile.

Open safari and go here: http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/downloads/detail?name=MobileTerminal_520-1_iphoneos-arm.deb

Tap the blue link and MobileTerminal will download, opening a new page where you can open in iFile. When iFile opens just tap "Installer".

Must install Core Utilities from Cydia before installing MobileTerminal.

After you install MobileTerminal, open Cydis again, tap the Search tab and type in "Apt". I stall "ALLl apt tools. All they do is allow useful commands to be executed in Terminal.

Okay...now that you have an iOS 5 compatible MobileTerminal installed:

respring
sbreload
killall SpringBoard

sbrealod and killall SpringBoard are the commands that can help with problems. They jut kill the springboard process, and restart it again.....a little different then just respringing.