What's new

Problems Downloading & Installing Ver 4.0.2

Thanks for the note and good to know it's just not me. I would have tried it now 12 times and have done everything possible - ie disabled firewalls, download only etc. I am using the same infrastructure I have always used to download new iPhone software and this is the first time this has happened. For the moment I am going to ignore the download and hope they have the problem sorted for the next update. Very frustrating particularly with the new iPhone4

I was having the same problem when i tried to restore our 3g's (sent out to younger siblings) on my Macbook Pro. I googled the issue and was able to confirm it's not a firewall issue. There is a fix for this in another forum but it involves uninstalling your itunes and deleting a certain file in the itunes folder, which is a bit tricky. What i did was restore the iphones in my PC and sync it later to the itunes in Mac. Hope this helps. Thanks!

It takes 23 odd minutes each time. I tried it again this morning and still getting same message. Clearly others are having the same issue so hopefully Apple will have the downloads sorted for the iPhone4 before the next release.

Problem solved. I went into my local Apple retail store and connected up to there iMac and it synched up as per normal. It still took around 24 minutes but worked first time. I have since synched up via my PC laptop and have had no problems. Thank you to everyone who posted helpful ideas.