What's new

Private folders??

yeah actually i have a samsung wave and it has this feature built in in the bada OS and its quite cool because you can use your apps your games browse internet. However if someone tried to open your contacts, your media (pictures, videos, files) or sms/emails it request for a password. So if someone is playing with my phone i ask them hey, so what where you trying to do????? :D

i need somthing like this too, like to hide my sms because i have so many cool things on my iphone people are always using it just playing around, and i dont want any of them going through my messages so now i just seem like a a**hole when i dont let them

Hahahaha

Friend: Hey can I haz ur iPhone 4G so I can check it out?

Drowzy: Hmmm it's not iPhone 4G, it's iPhone 4.

Friend: iPhone 4G... iPhone 4... Whatever!!! Just let me seeh!!

Drowzy: No!!!

Friend: Awwww why not? You're an a**hole!!!

LOL

I HATE it when people call it the iphone 4g. It bugs me soooo bad.

yeah actually i have a samsung wave and it has this feature built in in the bada OS and its quite cool because you can use your apps your games browse internet. However if someone tried to open your contacts, your media (pictures, videos, files) or sms/emails it request for a password. So if someone is playing with my phone i ask them hey, so what where you trying to do????? :D

So.... you clearly don't have a wife or girlfriend who will respond with what are you trying to hide. what's her name? how can I trust you... yada yada yada.. and thus you have no sex for two weeks while u beg your way out of the dog house... if she doesn't just file for divorce and take your kids and make u pay her thousands a month .... you only get to say that when u really don't have anything to hide and your 19 and just got your own phone for the first time... for the rest of you... look up "idiscrete"

I totally understand! I can not belieeeeve i cant hide/make private txts on my iphone! i had a cheap and nasty phone-yet i cud put my txts into folders and make them private. With all the apps available and money it cost..and all the types of ppl in the world surly i cant be the only person that wants certain txts to be private?? [not talking about pictures-already found a way to lock them up ;-) ]

My secret folder in the app store, says you can hide video,photos and texts. And the icon looks like an app folder

atn_chargers said:
Is there a way to make private folders or hidden folders on the iPhone? My gf is extremely nosey and I don't want her going through certain stuff on my phone. Thanks in advance.

If you have a jailbroken iphone, there is LockDownPro or Locktopus.

I am also looking for something like this. On my droid, I had an app where I could set up a private mailbox and assign specific numbers to it, so anytime I got or sent a text to those numbers, it would never show up unless I opened the app and typed in a password - so other people would not even know I had a new message, and if they did, they could not see who it was from or what it said or anything. Is there anything like this for the iPhone? I don't see anything even close - all I see are private folders to hide things after you have them on your phone. I want to hide messages when they come in and go out.