What's new

Pretty Old Newb

RabbitHutch

Reaction score
Howdy all!

Retired IT tech then exec pushing '70. Love the iPhone4 my daughter gave me for Father's Day. She gave me a iPhone3 last year.

I've downloaded a few apps and use them regularly. Just discovered Sound Hound yesterday. That really helps an old man who's ears are not quite as sharp as they used to be when he hears a singer he should know.

Like the camera on iP4 a lot. Big improvement.

Located in central TX USA where the stars at night are big in bright, DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.

Please be patient with me. I'm nowhere near as sharp I was back in '65 when I was first chosen to learn programming maintenance and development on the Big Blue mainframes.

Man! Have things changed!!

In addition to tech gadgets and PCs, I enjoy woodworking, stargazing (I'd call it astronomy but the way I do it don't deserve that name - yet), writing, reading, web surfing, gardening and passing howdy with friends.

That's about it. Been married to the same lady 49 years 8 months and have one daughter in her 20s. Originally from NC then FL then TX and maybe CO in the future.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum! that was very nice for her to get you such a nice gift, my father doesent know how to use pcs or phones lol i am glad he doesent lmao.

there are always changes as you know, and its always amazing to see the way things progress, my father is still amazed we have gps lol

there is lots of good new info here and things you will hopefully find interesting and handy..