What's new

Prejailbreak ios6

If you say no to it, I don't think the upgrade will happen. You can, however, preserve the baseband and use the newly created IPSW instead of the clean IPSW when restoring

So what would the reason preserve be then.

So if it aks for update on baseband just accept it basically is that what you mean bud.?

jockmcd said:
So what would the reason preserve be then.

So if it aks for update on baseband just accept it basically is that what you mean bud.?

Preserving a particular Baseband retains unlocking capabilities as you update your iOS version. Since you're already on a newer Baseband that isn't unlockable, there's no point in preserving it.

So if it asks when jb just update it the thomas?

6.0 & 6.0.1 will both be an Untethered JB on the iPhone 4... when it becomes available. So yes, you can update.

I would like your opinion on this which was posted in your sister iPad forum:

Status Update - 1st November - Apple have released IOS 6.0.1 as a bug fix update via iTunes or OTA. Early reports suggest that this release may patch the vulnerabilities exposed at HITB (discussed above), therefore jailbreak fans are advised to stay away from this update until you hear otherwise! - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Is it ok to update for the iPhone but not the iPad or have we "heard otherwise" ???

Well im now on 6.01 on iphone will this be ok ?

My ipad is 5.1.1 and staying that way :)

I would like your opinion on this which was posted in your sister iPad forum:

Status Update - 1st November - Apple have released IOS 6.0.1 as a bug fix update via iTunes or OTA. Early reports suggest that this release may patch the vulnerabilities exposed at HITB (discussed above), therefore jailbreak fans are advised to stay away from this update until you hear otherwise! - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Is it ok to update for the iPhone but not the iPad or have we "heard otherwise" ???

It's been proven and recognized by the Dev Team that iOS 6.0.1 is merely a hotfix for iOS 6.0. The jailbreaking method of iOS 6.0.1 is identical to iOS 6.0 and I mean identical to even the point where you select the iOS 6.0 IPSW and not the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW even though you're jailbreaking 6.0.1. Whatever you can do on iOS 6.0 is basically what you can do on iOS 6.0.1. If an untethered comes out for 6.0, then it's usable on 6.0.1 as well.