What's new

please help with iphone 3Gs,jailbreaking and unlock...

cheony81

Reaction score
hello i am looking to unlock and jailbreak my iphone 3gs.with redsnow..i tried but when i picked ipad baseband said i cant use it cause something not compatable or out of time..i have ios 5.1.1 and baseband 5.16.05..please help and thank you...

If you're getting an error on the iPad Baseband that means you have the new bootrom 3GS. Note that once you flash the iPad Baseband, you cannot downgrade it to an official baseband. On the new bootrom 3GS, you must first downgrade your device to 4.1 (does not require blobs), flash the iPad Baseband, then upgrade your iOS while preserving your new iPad Baseband, jailbreak and unlock. You can only unlock using UltraSn0w on the new bootrom 3GS on iOS 6.1 or below, meaning 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 will not work.

Ok so I have ios 5.1.1,I would have to downgrade to ios 4.1?I have an update for 6.1.3,so what firmware do I want to get afterwards.

how do i know if i have valid blobs?and once i downgrade to 4.1,where do i go to get ios 6.1?and whats the proper step on how to do this process..thank you again for all your help...

One way to check is to retrieve them from Cydia. If you upgrade and jailbroke your device when 5.1.1 is signing, Cyia will have your 5.1.1 blobs. For iOS 6 blobs, unless you saved them manually or used iSHSHit, unfortunately you won't have them.

If you have your devices ECID or if your device is recognize by your PC, you can query your SHSH blobs in the SHSH Blob section of RedSn0w. Iirc it should be in Extras >SHSH

so should i jailbreak iphone 3gs ios 5.1.1? to check on the blobs..

Was the device jailbroken previously? If it wasn't, and you did not manually save them, then unfortunately your only method of unlock would be a carrier/IMEI since UltraSn0w only supports up to 6.1 for the new bootrom 3GS.

Last edited: